Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JJ9
Not applicable
Solved

How to send mass email to all customers from Quickbooks

I'd like to send an mass email once to all the customers in my Quickbooks due to company name change.  Am I available to send the mass email through Quickbook?  And How to do it?

Thank you!

Best answer 03-11-2019 06:17 PM

Accepted Solutions
Super Explorer **

Go to your customer list by clicking customer. There is a...

Go to your customer list by clicking customer. There is a small box to the left where you can select a customer and a small box at the top to select all.  Select them.  Click batch actions and send your email.

38 Comments
Super Explorer **

Go to your customer list by clicking customer. There is a...

Go to your customer list by clicking customer. There is a small box to the left where you can select a customer and a small box at the top to select all.  Select them.  Click batch actions and send your email.

Community Backer **

Can you please add a screenshot - I can't see where eithe...

Can you please add a screenshot - I can't see where either of the two boxes you refer to are.
JJ9
Not applicable

I can't find these boxes, too. I can't find batch actions...

I can't find these boxes, too. I can't find batch actions as well.
Not applicable

I do not see this either.

I do not see this either.
Not applicable

It doesn't work on my end.  Some say click "Send Email",...

It doesn't work on my end.  Some say click "Send Email", but it only says, "email" and when I do, nothing happens.  If I were to select the only other option under 'Batch Actions', that works..but that's not what I want.
Experienced Member

I have the latest version of Quickbooks Pro 2017 and ther...

I have the latest version of Quickbooks Pro 2017 and there is no box to check or one to "select all".  Is this feature only in a different version of Quickbooks?

QBO - nothing happens when all customers are selected and...

QBO - nothing happens when all customers are selected and I select Email from the Batch actions drop down. Fail.
Not applicable

Please, someone help with this.

Please, someone help with this.
Not applicable

This is what I did... In QuickBooks Pro Desktop... Report...

This is what I did... In QuickBooks Pro Desktop... Reports / List / Customer Contact List / Customize to include email address / export report to Excel / remove any unwanted lines or clients without emails / copy all in the column / paste to your email program in the "TO" field (although I paste it to the BCC field and send the email to myself so no one sees anyone else's email address)
Experienced Member

Thanks, Lynda, for the response.  I really appreciate it....

Thanks, Lynda, for the response.  I really appreciate it.  I am wondering out loud here, is it 2017 and we can't email everyone in our email list inside of the program?  That is too many steps for me and exporting to a spreadsheet.  I am a former programmer and this feature is not hard to do.  It just seems that Intuit has decided not to allow it in the program.  Don't know why.
Experienced Member

Thanks, Lynda, for the response.  I really appreciate it....

Thanks, Lynda, for the response.  I really appreciate it.  I am wondering out loud here, is it 2017 and we can't email everyone in our email list inside of the program?  That is too many steps for me and exporting to a spreadsheet.  I am a former programmer and this feature is not hard to do.  It just seems that Intuit has decided not to allow it in the program.  Don't know why.
Established Member

I encourage you to copy the URL to this feed and include...

I encourage you to copy the URL to this feed and include it in your feedback to QUickbooks - especially next time there is a survey. They need to feel the pain of ignoring us
Not applicable

They don't feel any pain!  I had a previous problem with...

They don't feel any pain!  I had a previous problem with a tax item and a simple solution.  I answered every survey and submitted the problem repeatedly.  Years, still no changae.
Established Member

We use Constant Contact for mass emailing but we still ha...

We use Constant Contact for mass emailing but we still have to copy/paste customer data from QB Desktop into our Gmail Contact list.
Would love to know how to do this inside QB.
Not applicable

for this feature to work you have to first set up your de...

for this feature to work you have to first set up your default email program in windows control panel. for example, I'm using Outlook 2016, so I had to select it as default, instead of the Mail app that Windows selects automatically. Now when I choose email in the Batch Actions, a new outlook email form opens up with all the checked customers' addresses in BCC.
Experienced Member

There is no "Batch Actions" in Quickbooks Pro 2017.  I al...

There is no "Batch Actions" in Quickbooks Pro 2017.  I already have Outlook set up as my default mail app.  I am guessing that you are using the online version of Quickbooks?
Super Explorer **

Whoops. Sorry.  to send that mass email in QB DT is a few...

Whoops. Sorry.  to send that mass email in QB DT is a few more steps.  I actually forgot how to do that.  Here is a thread with pics to step you thru the process (not as easy as online):  https://community.intuit.com/questions/1160140-how-do-i-send-a-batch-email-to-all-customers-using-qb...

Experienced Member

Your link post has been deleted by Intuit.

Your link post has been deleted by Intuit.

I have created a workaround with in QuickBooks desktop th...

I have created a workaround with in QuickBooks desktop that has worked for my company what you do is go into edit send preferences click on statement create a new statement template  and make that the letter that I want to send all my customers I save it and make it my default template then I go into customers create a statement and I put the date as today’s date on the statement date and the beginning and end date so that it really generates a nil statement and then I go through I click all of the customers I want to send my letter to and then I click on email and then it brings the box to send your form and I click send form it isn’t ideal as it attaches  A blank statement but it it allows me to send the same letter to multiple customers very easily hope this helps the rest of you out !
Super Explorer **

I see you are in the Canadian version.  Maybe it is diffe...

I see you are in the Canadian version.  Maybe it is different than mine.  Pic is attached.

Hi Linda, When i follow your steps to send a mass email,...

Hi Linda, When i follow your steps to send a mass email, there is no action, I click on Email but nothing
Experienced Member

That's because she is using QB Online version.  Quickbook...

That's because she is using QB Online version.  Quickbooks desktop versions do not have this feature.
Community Backer **

Thanks, Lynda. That is a QBO screenshot. We are working w...

Thanks, Lynda. That is a QBO screenshot. We are working with QB Desktop.

Not applicable

did anyone knows how to send mass email?

did anyone knows how to send mass email?