cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I need to add a new field in my invoice in QuickBooks for Mac

Hello

I own a fertilizer company and I need to have the following field in all my invoices when I had Quickbooks Pro for manufacturers:

- Quantity

- Unit of measurement (Gal, Box, Tote...etcetera)

- Product code

- Description 

- Unit Price 

- Total

(SEE ATTACHED EXAMPLE OF ONE OF MY OLD INVOICES)

I did change my windows quickbooks version for the one for mac and I don't know how to include the field "Unit of measurement" in the new invoices. This field is really important because for example...If I sell 1 gal of a fertilizer "XXX" and the invoice doesn't says "Gal" as a unit of  measurement, it create a confession for the client because he will not understand if I sold him 1 gal or 1 case or 1 tote of "XXX".

How can I add the field "Unit of measurement" in the invoices in this version for Mac?

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I need to add a new field in my invoice in QuickBooks for Mac

Hey there, @brainagro,

It's nice to see you here today. I want to make sure you're able to edit your invoice template.

You can use the Layout Designer to customize how your invoices look in QuickBooks for Mac to give them a professional and 
distinctive look for your business. Here's how to open the tool:

1. Open the invoice.
  2. Select a template from the Template pop-up menu at the top of the form.
  3. Click on Edit Current Template.
  4. Go to the Fields tab.
  5. Pick the fields you want to include in the transaction.
  6. Navigate the other tabs to apply the preference you want to apply.

To know more about the process, you can check pages 219-220 of this QB Mac guide: http://qblittlesquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/QBM-Users-Guide-150923-opt.pdf

If you're unable to access this preference or you're getting issues along the road, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Mac Support Team. There they can help you update your invoice templates in a secure environment. Here's how to get in touch with us:

1. Open this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
  3. Select Using QuickBooks for Mac.
  4. Scroll-down and click the Get Phone Number button.

That should get you on the right track, @brainagro. Let me know how this goes. I want to ensure everything's fine on your end. Have a great day!

Community Backer ***

Re: I need to add a new field in my invoice in QuickBooks for Mac

You may also need to add a custom field to the items for unit of measurement.  List->Items List, then Edit an Item, then click on Custom fields to create a new custom field.  This will just be a descriptive text field where you can type the unit - no calculations are possible with the information. 

Then expose the units field as a column on the Invoice as Jen_D describes in Layout Designer.