cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Inviting accountant to Quickbooks Self Employed

Hello,

I have a client who has QB Self Employed and would like to invite me to access her licence.

Is this possible? I have told her the to do the following steps:

• Go to the gear menu
  • Click accountant
  • In the invite your accountant section enter my email address
  • Send invite
  • Save and close

But she says there is no accountant option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES
QuickBooks Team

Re: Inviting accountant to Quickbooks Self Employed

Hi Charlotte,

Great to see you on Community.

At the moment the only way you would be able to have access to a Self Employed account would be if the client is set up by yourself as part of your billing. We are always adding and improving the content and features in QuickBooks Online and Self Employed so this could change in the future.

You can also always provide feedback here which can be voted on by other members in the QuickBooks Community and if you reply with your link I will be happy to put my vote on for you as well. Smiley Happy

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Experienced Member

Re: Inviting accountant to Quickbooks Self Employed

I am having the same problem.  If it doesn't allow you to let your accountant join in then it is a useless piece of software.  QB specifically says that it DOES allow the accountant to be invited in but I suspect they are getting mixed up with their US and UK software offerings, because quite clearly the Accountant option is NOT shown in my downloaded software.  So Baby, you are on your own, unless you upgrade to the more expensive option?  Not at all clear.