Highlighted
Experienced Member

Is there a way to search change language

is there a way to use Hebrew in item and/or description field

8 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Is there a way to search change language

Good day, mommy sews alot.

Thanks for joining the Community. I appreciate your thoughts in using another language in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT). 

QuickBooks uses the system language settings and is designed to work with English. We're always looking for ways to make the software better for all users. Everything we develop within the program derives from listening to our customers.

If this isn't something beneficial for you, QuickBooks Online Global may be right for you if Intuit supports the country of your choice of language.

For any QBDT updates and feature enhancements, you can always visit our website through this link: Firm of the Future.

That should do it. Keep me posted by leaving a comment below. I'll be around. Have a great day.

Experienced Member

does online global allow me to only use Hebrew in the item and/or description fields but do all other functions in American?  (i.e. all other accounting functions are American, not Israeli)

QuickBooks Team

Joining the thread to answer your question, mommy sews alot.

For now, these are the supported languages in QuickBooks Online International: 

• English
  • Chinese
  • French
  • Italian
  • Spanish

You may want to use the copy/paste function in entering the item descriptions in Hebrew when creating the items in QuickBooks. 

I'll also share a feature request about adding more languages with our engineers. They collect customer request like this for future updates.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. 

Experienced Member

the answer I received did not answer the question.  Does the QB online Israel edition allow for all English except for item names and descriptions, and does it work for American bookkeeping needs, as we are an American company only

QuickBooks Team

All areas of QuickBooks will be in English once you choose English as the default language, mommy sews alot.

As a workaround, you can write down your item name and description in Hebrew. Then, copy and paste it when you set up the item. QuickBooks will save the information even though you're using a different language.

In my case, I used Google Translate to translate the details from English to Hebrew. And from there, I copied the details in Hebrew and pasted it in QBO.

hebrew.PNG

hebrew 1.PNG

You can post again here if you have other concerns. Have a great day!

Experienced Member

is this only on the online version?  does it show up in Hebrew all the time?  On Pro desktop I can shift to Hebrew keyboard but then everything shows up as?????? when I try to print or close and re open

Experienced Member

does this work on desktop or only online version?  when I switch keyboards in desktop I get ????? as soon as I move to a different field or do print preview

QuickBooks Team

As what JaneD mentioned, QuickBooks Desktop is designed to work in English, mommy sews alot.

Unlike QBO, QuickBooks Desktop won't save other languages.

Please let me know if you have other clarifications.