cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Net Income by Customer and Ship Date Report

I would like to have a report that shows the Net Income by Customer and I'd like to be able to filter (or at least sort) by the "Ship Date" field. We are a manufacturer and are interested in this information so that we can see what our net income was for a given week. Is what I'm looking for possible? I am open to work-arounds that work.

Thank you.

1 Comment

Re: Net Income by Customer and Ship Date Report

Welcome to the Community, @evan2.

Thank you for sharing your idea about generating a report that shows the Ship Date and Net Income by Customer. Currently, creating one report with both information isn't available in QuickBooks Online.

For now, you can export Profit and Loss and Sales by Class Detail reports to Excel, and manually customize the files to show the details you need for each report. I'd be happy to show you how, and let's start with creating the reports. 

To create the Profit and Loss report:

1. In the open Profit and Loss report, select Customize.
  2. In the Customize report panel, select the Rows/Columns drop-down.
  3. From the Columns drop-down, select Customers.
  4. Select Run report.

To run a report showing the Ship Date. 

1. On the left pane, select Reports.
  2. Choose Sales by Class Detail.
  3. Click the small Gear icon, and put a check in the Ship Date report.
  4. Click Run Report.

After that, export the reports to Excel. I've attached some articles below for additional reference: 

Also, you can visit our Blog to learn what new updates are being rolled out, and register to our Newsletter to receive email updates about QuickBooks Online.

You can always count on the Community for support if you ever have any other questions in the future. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a great day ahead.