Highlighted
SOLVED

New customer report

I am trying to find out how many new customers I have each month any suggestions ?

Thank you

Vanessa

Best answer 06-12-2018 07:51 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: New customer report

Hello Vanessa,

You can do this by running a 'Customer Contact List' report., then add a filter for create date. To do this first select 'Reports' on the left of your dashboard then search for 'Customer Contact List'. When you have ran the report to your chosen date range you will see a 'Cog wheel' on the report and in there you will see column options then select 'create date' and then 'run report'. Now you will see the dates you have added customers you would then just have to work out the totals.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

4 REPLIES
QuickBooks Team

Hello Vanessa,

You can do this by running a 'Customer Contact List' report., then add a filter for create date. To do this first select 'Reports' on the left of your dashboard then search for 'Customer Contact List'. When you have ran the report to your chosen date range you will see a 'Cog wheel' on the report and in there you will see column options then select 'create date' and then 'run report'. Now you will see the dates you have added customers you would then just have to work out the totals.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

I tried this, but my list of columns does not include Create Date. (I have QuickBooks Premier 2018 desktop.) What can I do?

Experienced Member

Try going to Reports, Customers & Receivables, Transaction List by Customer. From there you can add custom dates and see all your customers within those dates. It is going to show you all the transactions, so the list may be long, but I just export to Excel and delete all that out. It's a bit tedious but it's the only way I have found to do it. 

Hope that helps!  

edited to add: I realize this is going to give you a list of all customers during that time period, not just new ones, so you may have to export another list as a comparison. Like I said, tedious but maybe it can help. Hopefully after a lot of requests to QB they will make this a simple report to run on Desktop.  

QuickBooks Team

Hi Coastalerica,

Thank you for your advise to Vanessa we appreciate that!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.

Hope you had a great weekend & from all of the staff here at QuickBooks we would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2019!

Kindest regards