cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Open Sales orders by item detail report shows the quantity column and the backordered column as the same quantities for each even if the order hasn't been invoiced yet.

Is there a way to change the default quantity when you add an item to a sales order to be equal to the pack size of an item instead of 1? Also, is there a way to restrict the values you can put in on sales orders and invoices to be multiples of the pack size since we are a wholesaler who only sells full cases?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Open Sales orders by item detail report shows the quantity column and the backordered column ...

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Intuit Community, @qoujevolk.

I can clarify this for you.

The Quantity and Backordered columns have the same number since the sales order is closed and not invoiced yet. Once you fulfill the order, the backorder is deducted from the number of items delivered.

You can change the default quantity when adding an item through the Sales Order page. However, QuickBooks will warn you about negative quantities since you've initially set up 1 quantity on hand on your item.

Also, you can only restrict QuickBooks to warn you when the quantity you want to sell exceeds the quantity on hand, quality available, negative quantity. For your reference, follow the steps listed:

1. From your Edit menu, select Preferences.
  2. Choose Item & Inventory from the left panel.
  3. Go to the Company Preferences.
  4. Select an option from the Warn if not enough inventory to sell section.
    preferences.PNG
  5. Click OK.

If you need to customize your report, you can read through this article: Customize item reports.

Let me know if you need clarifications ad I'll get back to you. Have a great day ahead.