Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Kelly67
Level 2

Payroll and multi user

Hello,

We are struggling with the lack of access.

If payroll is being processed (200+ people) accounting is unable to do bank reconcilliations.

If accounting is doing bank recons, HR is unable to look up PTO hours owed, etc.

This is causing tremendous delays and wasted time waiting.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Kelly

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Payroll and multi user

Hi there, @Kelly67.

I want to ensure you'll be able to use QuickBooks in a multi-user mode with no issues. Let's get this sorted out.

To single this issue out, we can try repairing your QuickBooks to help fix network related issues. 

To do that:

1. Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
  2. After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
  3. The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically after installing. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows taskbar.
  4. Use the drop-down list to find your company file. If you do not see your company file in the list, click the browse button and manually locate it to continue.
  5. Select one of the following options, Both file damage and network connectivity and Network connectivity only.
  6. When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file then click Next.
  7. You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation.
  8. Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.

For complete details about this process, you may refer to this article: QuickBooks File Doctor - Fix your Damaged Company File or Network.

Also, here's are some articles that you may check out about the multi-user access changes in QuickBooks Desktop for your future reference:

However, if the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have necessary tools like the screen-sharing that can help isolate this matter. 

Please give these steps a try and let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need additional assistance or if you have any other questions with QuickBooks. Have a great day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us