Highlighted
Experienced Member
5 Comments
QuickBooks Team
Re: QB integration with E2

Hey there, @DerekM.

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. Allow me to get you pointed in the right direction, so you can get the help you need. Since you're trying to sync a software with QuickBooks, I recommend reaching out to the support team for E2. When it comes to integrating 3rd party software, this is usually handled by the provider of that program, as they may have specific parameters and proprietary software necessary for the integration.

I don't want to leave you hanging though. There is a resource I'd like to bring to your attention: The Intuit Developer Group. This site is our one-stop-shop for assistance with integrated platforms. There are plenty of articles and tools you can use to help you modify QuickBooks to better suit your business needs. You'll find that site here

I hope this helps to answer your question. Should you have anything else you'd like to go over about QuickBooks, don't hesitate to seek me out here in the Community.

Community Host

Hey @DerekM,

I am not familiar with E2 but I've heard it's a nice auxiliary tool for QC and purchasing. From what I've read, many users handle sales in QuickBooks and other workflows in E2 so they aren't doubling work. However, as you seem to have already discovered, it's not entirely clear how that syncing works. 

Have you checked out Shoptech's blog? There's some nice overview material and a walkthrough guide for the integration as well: http://client.shoptech.com/faq/accounting/Interfaces_and_Payroll/Quickbooks/QB-106E2andQuickBooksInterfaceSyncing.pdf. 

Are you looking to handle most of your business in E2 or in QuickBooks? Since it sounds like the two programs can run along parallel tracks, what processes do you envision handling in each? 

Community Host

Hey @DerekM,

I am not familiar with E2 but I've heard it's a nice auxiliary tool for QC and purchasing. From what I've read, many users handle sales in QuickBooks and other workflows in E2 so they aren't doubling work. However, as you seem to have already discovered, it's not entirely clear how that syncing works. 

Have you checked out Shoptech's blog? There's some nice overview material and a walkthrough guide for the integration as well: http://client.shoptech.com/faq/accounting/Interfaces_and_Payroll/Quickbooks/QB-106E2andQuickBooksInterfaceSyncing.pdf. 

Are you looking to handle most of your business in E2 or in QuickBooks? Since it sounds like the two programs can run along parallel tracks, what processes do you envision handling in each? 

Getting Started with QuickBooks Online

Experienced Member

Hi James,

E2 will do amazing things to help in the manufacturing side but the sales side seems like an after thought. QB is much more user friendly than E2 and is easier to navigate. I would much prefer to use QB for the sales and purchasing side of things and keep E2 for the manufacturing side of things. In a perfect world I would like, when a sale is made the order is created in QB and then it will sync the order to E2 to create the necessary job travelers needed for the manufacturing side. Currently everything is completed on the E2 side and then synced with E2 for just invoicing and accounting.

I will look into E2's blog but I tried to contact them but they seem to be hard to get to. I will try again though.

Community Host

@DerekM, I will have to look into this more, but I don't think you're alone in your appraisal. Even E2 wrote: "It is true that E2 has an accounting module. If you are happy with Quickbooks, you probably won’t use that portion of E2. However, accounting is just one of eight total E2 modules." They know where they excel!

Sounds like your ideal state is quite doable, though I think it might actually turn out to be the opposite - you will likely create the order in E2 and then the sales/transaction data will sync into QuickBooks. Again, I've never used the software, but this is how many 3rd party integrations work. 

Please have a look at what E2 wrote and let us know what you find. Best of luck, hopefully you find what you need and more.