Did you mean: 
SteveChase
Community Champion

QuickBooks Online Projects

6 Comments 6
leslym3
Level 1

Hi, would I be able to use this setting if I'm doing home remodeling for one of my properties? would I have set up my company as the customer and property as the project? and instead of creating invoices I create stimates? Thanks, Lesly

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SteveChase,

Good stuff! In your opinion, how does the Projects Center compare with the Jobs feature in QuickBooks Desktop? 

My latest effort – “How to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Online

SteveChase
Community Champion

I don't have any experience with the desktop QB with Jobs. 

SteveChase
Community Champion

I don't have any experience working with clients that support what you are doing. Sorry I cannot give advice.

Steve

lynda
Community Champion

@Anonymous. Projects is too new to judge. But it is a bit lacking with the ability to see all the transactions in the project itself. Currently,you have to run a Profit and loss report to see the expenses.  You can only see the income in the project.

So Desktop’s jobs still beats qbo projects.  But I am sure it will get better as it develops. Just like any other new feature, we will wait and see..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lynda, slowly but surely, QuickBooks Online will come along :). 

After doing some more demoing of the jobs feature in Enterprise, I am going to have to agree to an extent though it's a bit more complicated. However, it's certainly a step in the right direction and an important tool for anyone using QBO who does project-based work. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us