cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BFD

Tracking costs relating to a specific invoice (for all invoices)

We have 15 customers who we bill perhaps 2 to 3 times a month.  Each invoice we bill is for a specific product that can have a different product cost, freight cost, duty etc.  In some cases there could be foreign exchange as well.  What I would like to do is to be able to run a report by invoice that would show all costs relating to that specific invoice.  Can QuickBooks do this?

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Tracking costs relating to a specific invoice (for all invoices)

I'll be happy to help you find the perfect report for this, @BFD.

Tracking cost is crucial to getting a true picture of the profitability of your sales. In order to best suggest a report, can you fill me in on which version of QuickBooks you're using? This information will ensure my recommendations are the best fit for your business.

Thank you for coming to the Community, I'll be standing by for your response.

Senior Explorer **

I also have similar questions for QBs Enterprise 2018.

We want to track the cost per each production run for 30 customers. 

QuickBooks Team

Hey again, @RichardsNguyen.

Welcome back to the Community. I'm happy to help you get the reports you need. Do you mind elaborating on what information you'd like to see on this report? With that information in hand, I will guide you to, or help you create the perfect report.

Let me know in a comment down below so I can continue working with you from there. 

Community Host

Hey @BFD

Are you using QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop? If it's the prior, while the Projects Center wasn't necessarily designed for this specific purpose in mind, since it's for the same group of 15 people, you could start a new project and start tagging the specific expenses you mention to the project. 

What I really enjoy about the Projects Center feature is that it is simply tagging accounts and transactions, rather than making any sort of permanent reorganization changes to your Chart of Accounts. That makes it a pretty dynamic tracking tool. 

Getting Started with QuickBooks Online