cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
canoeroaster
Level 1

Why can't i adjust the price on a bundle item?

10 Comments 10
Rustler
Level 15

because the bundle is just a nickname for items sold at the same time

if you want to adjust the total price of the bundle, either change the prices of the items\

or use a discount item that posts a negative amount to the sales income discount account

AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, 

Bundle items are great for sales you make that include a few different products/services together, such as Gift Baskets. 

When multiple inventory items are added together to create a bundle, the price is determined by adding together the individual price of each item. The price can't be adjusted, as this will affect the sales total of your inventory.  

You're able to discount the bundle if you'd like to offer it at a cheaper cost to your customers. All you have to do is activate this setting in your account by following these steps: 

1. Click the Gear icon.
    2. Select Account and Settings.
    3. Click Sales tab.
    4. Click the pencil icon under Sales form content.
    5. Put a mark into the box next to Discount.
    6. Click Save and Done.

When you create your next invoice, you'll now see a field to apply a discount. 

If you have any other questions about this, please let me know. 

Have a great day!

pagexrage
Level 2

Would this discount need to be added manually for each bundle?
Would really like to see the option to set a unique price for a bundle - this is very standard business practice and will make for inventory tracking simple. 
I just upgraded my QBO for inventory tracking and this is a huge issue!

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Hello pagexrage. I appreciate you chiming in on this thread. The discount is applied when creating the invoice. The discount affects the total price of all the line items on your invoice. When you have a minute, check out this helpful article with more info on how to: Add a discount on an invoice or sales receipt in QB Online

I'm happy you upgraded to a plan which offers more amazing features such as inventory tracking. To learn more about this feature, check out this article here. Your feedback is valuable and I suggest forwarding it to our product developers. From your QuickBooks Online account, click on the Gear icon and look for Feedback. New product ideas are based on the valuable feedback we get from users like you. Let me know if you have questions, I'm here to help. 

chris237
Level 2

That is a kludgy solution - as @pagexrage said, bundling some products together and offering the group of products at a different price is extremely common.  It would be very easy for e.g. a sales clerk, to forget to apply the discount.

All this "feature" does is make it easier to add some items quickly to estimates, invoices, etc. Not terribly useful, IMO.  I already have hundreds and hundreds of items - I don't want to pollute my products list with even more entries that don't really add value.

ARTAartsdelatable
Level 1

I use a "Additionnal charges and discount", made as a non-inventory product, that I use to add to a bundle to correct prices. 

Alchemist_0218
Level 2

Totally agreed with you. I could do that on Quickbooks Commerce but not Quickbooks Online, it is pretty standard function. A bit regret to signed up QBO.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@Alchemist_0218 wrote:

I could do that on Quickbooks Commerce but not Quickbooks Online, it is pretty standard function. A bit regret to signed up QBO.

@Alchemist_0218 

I have yet to find any similar accounting app in the same class with QBO offering the bundle pricing discount available as basic feature. You still need an add-on to have such feature. One accounting app offers the add-on for free to manage up to 50 orders per month. You will need to purchase a higher plan to manage more than 50 orders per month.

Anyway, did you know they will bundle QB Commerce exclusively for QBO US version starting next year? If you are using QBO CA version, you should explore a replacement for your existing QB Commerce account.

Alchemist_0218
Level 2

Make adjustment for each sales for hundred of items is a bit too much work. Quickbooks Commerce has such feature where I could set the price on any Bundle Product. Just not in QBO :(

Alex M
QuickBooks Team

Hi there Alchemist_0218,

I can see that being able to adjust the pricing of a bundle as a whole would be a feature that could make managing your sales within Quickbooks Online easier. I recommend you leave feedback in the system by clicking the Gear Icon, then Feedback. The comments made in this section are taken into consideration when our developers are designing new features for QuickBooks Online. I'll pass along your feedback on my end as well.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out here.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us