cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

automatically add a line item or invoice note by state

Is it possible to have a note or line item auto-populate based on the customer State on an invoice? So say i had an order for North Carolina, it would auto insert a line saying "send form 14c", Virginia - "send form 213". It can be a line item or even just a pop up message / notification on the screen. I only have a handful of states that this would apply to, i'm just looking to remove the possibility of employee error. QB Desktop Enterprise. thanks!

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: automatically add a line item or invoice note by state

Good day, brian--.

Thanks for joining the Community. I'm here to provide a few details about your invoice concern.

The option to have something auto-populate on the invoice based on the customer's state is unavailable in QuickBooks Desktop. At this time, we only have a reminder to set by memorizing an invoice. You can use the Reminders List to track tasks and important alerts.

Let me show you how:

1. Create a test invoice.
  2. Enter the invoice's information.
  3. Click on the Memorize button at the top.
  4. Enter a name of the memorized transaction. 
  5. Select Add to my Reminders List.
  6. Choose how often you'd like to create the invoice.
  7. Once you're done, click on OK.

I've attached some screenshots below, so you'll know what I'm referring to.

1.PNG

2.PNGAs a reference, please check out this article that will help out: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

Please know that we're working to continuously improve our product's features to meet your needs. For any updates and feature enhancements, I encourage checking out our website through this link: Firm of the Future.

That should do it. You can always visit us here if you have any other concerns. I'm always glad to help. Take care.