cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

export custom fields

Intuit Help System

I need to export custom fields to excel in the customer additional info tab. I am able to export all needed information except this. Please help
1 Comment

Re: export custom fields

Hi there, @kgurley.

Thank you for joining the Community. I'd be happy to help you export the custom fields of the Additional Info tab from QuickBooks Desktop.

You can customize the Customer Contact List report to get the information that you need.

Here's how: 

1. From the Reports menu, select Customers & Receivables.
  2. Select Customer Contact List.
  3. At the top left, click Customize Report
  4. From the Display tab, put a check mark next to each custom fields you wish to export under COLUMNS
  5. Click OK.

After that, you can export the report to excel. Let me show you how: 

1. On the report toolbar, select Excel
  2. Choose one of the following: Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet.
  3. Select how you would like to do with the report.
  4. (Optional) Click Advanced to set how you want the Excel report to be formatted.
  5. Select OK.
  6. Select Export.

Once done, the spreadsheet opens in Microsoft Excel when QuickBooks finishes exporting.

I've attached some screenshots and article for additional reference: Export report from QuickBooks Desktop to Microsoft Excel.

If you need additional help, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care support. They have additional tools to help you get this resolved quickly. 

Here's how you can reach them: 

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
  2. At the top right, select your product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button.

These resources should help to get you on the right track.

Drop me a comment below if you have any other questions about exporting custom fields from QuickBooks Desktop. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a great week ahead.