cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

vendors address changed

I changed a vendors address it changed it on passed posted checks as well. I only wanted it to change the future information. Can I avoid this from happening on other vendors when they have an address change? 

3 Comments
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: vendors address changed

No, not really.

The only way an address will 'stick' on existing transactions is if it is made unique for that transaction, because that is the only time it is actually saved with the transaction.  Otherwise, like the vendor name itself, it is just referenced via the vendor record.  The same is true for all transactions for customers, employees, and other names.

QuickBooks Team

Hello, @Grandkat65.

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'd be happy to help share information about changing the vendor information/address in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

Once you change the vendor address in QBDT, it will really update or take effect on the checks created as well as the previous checks/transactions. The only way not to change the address on the previous transactions/checks is to create a new vendor name with the new information.

g4 ..1.PNG

Please let me know if you have any other questions about updating vendor information in QuickBooks Desktop, I'm always here to help you. Have a good day ahead!

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

RE: The only way not to change the address on the previous transactions/checks is to create a new vendor name with the new information.

That is not correct, as I pointed out in my post before yours.