Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Cfields21
Level 2

Emailing through Thunderbird

Hi,

What ever i email out via quickbooks, payslips, invoices etc, i am always getting <BR> in between each line of my email.

i believe that this is the HTML code.

i have created all my templates from scratch and when i preview them this isn't visible, however once the email is sent and received it is present.

i have looked everywhere for a fix with no luck, can anyone please help?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Cfields21,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

It would be best if we could contact you over a private message so you can send over some screenshots of your email and invoice template. Do you have access to Facebook or Twitter - if so, could you send us a private message with these screenshots attached so we can look into this further for you?

Thank you,

Talia

Cfields21
Level 2

Hi Talia,

I'm unable to use social media during business hours, due to safeguarding.

However i have attached a snippet of my email template i have tried to send today via Thunderbird.

below is an example of one i sent earlier.

Dear Christopher Fields
<br>
<br> Please find your pay slip attached.
<br>
Your passlip password is ...
<br>

since this i have tried switching over to my gmail account to send pay slips and i'm getting Password error when trying to sign in.
i have allowed access through my google account as directed by quickbooks but still unable to use this mail.

i have also attached a snippet of this as well.
Amanda G
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Could you please confirm for me, are you downloading the payslips and invoices and sending them through Thunderbird or are you sending directly though Quickbooks.

With Quickbooks when you send directly through us, it sends from a QBO email address. We wouldn't link to your emails.

If you could clarify this for me and let me know what process you are actually following to send these transactions and Payslips out.

Thanks

Cfields21
Level 2

Hi,

I'm sending them directly through Quickbooks.

i am using the print forms > pay slips section in quickbooks.

hope this helps, i have managed to sync up my gmail account now but Thunderbird would be the preferred option.

Amanda G
QuickBooks Team

Hello Cfields21,

Could you please confirm which Quickbooks Product it is you are using and Which region it is for?

Thanks.

Cfields21
Level 2

Hi

Quickbooks desktop pro 2019

United Kingdom is my region

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Cfields21,

We will be sending you a private message soon so we can get you to send over some screenshots and look into this further. Please look out for this.

Thank you,

Talia

RoscoPC
Level 4

HI There,

looking at your email example, looks like the email is going as TEXT rather than HTML.

Not sure if you can set the default in Thunderbird to be HTML?

Just a thought.

Rosco.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us