Employee ID QBOnline Advance Payroll

Solved
Best answer July 05, 2019

Accepted Solutions
GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hi Fiona, 

When you create an employee in Advanced Payroll the system generated ID will appear in the Employee details but the custom ID you entered should show within the Employee Tax & NI tab within their settings, and also on their payslip. 

Does the correct current employee ID show within the employees Tax & NI section? 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShedAccounts1
Level 2

I have been migrated to Quickbooks Online Advance Payroll from the QuickbooksStandard Payroll this month, therefore 3 months of RTI has already been uploaded via FPS. When setting up the employees that I already have, I have input their current Employee IDs ...however, as soon as the set up is saved and completed these numbers arereplaced with new numbers automated by the Advance Payroll software. This is going to cause a problem as HMRC will not recognise these new ID a quarter of the way through the year and will duplicate the figures. Does anyone have a work around for this problem?
Rose-A

Hello, ShedAccounts1.

Let me share some information concerning employee's ID and QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll.

When entering the employee's information, the system normally generates new numbers after completing and saving it. But when you processed payroll and print the pay stubs, it will show the numbers you've entered for the employee's ID.

I'm including these articles for your references:

For additional help, feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks Online Support.

Don't hesitate to hit the Reply button below if you have additional payroll questions. Have a good one.

ShedAccounts1
Level 2

Hi RoseMarjorieA Thank you for your quick reply. The payslips are using the newly generated ID numbers, that is how I noticed the anomaly. Do you have any other ideas? Many Thanks Fiona
GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hi Fiona, 

When you create an employee in Advanced Payroll the system generated ID will appear in the Employee details but the custom ID you entered should show within the Employee Tax & NI tab within their settings, and also on their payslip. 

Does the correct current employee ID show within the employees Tax & NI section? 

Thanks!

ShedAccounts1
Level 2

Hi GeorgiaC No, it didn't appear on the payslip and when I went into the TAX/NI tab the Payroll ID was blank. I then completed the Payroll ID box again with their old ID number; when I reran the payslip draft the correct ID has now appeared! Thank you so much for your help! Fiona
GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

No problem Fiona pleased that's working for you now :)

DebOK
Level 3

In relation to this, I wish MY Payroll ID on the standard reports instead of the QBO Employee ID as this means nothing to our company.  Can this be done?
Thanks

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi DebOK it's not to have this displayed on the report 🙇🏽however we will submit a product enhancement request to our developers for their consideration ans we encourage you to leave feedback from within the product.

DX11ana
Level 1

Hi I migrated from Quickbook desktop from the start of the payroll year 6 Apr 2021 to online advanced and just ran my first P60's but the are not showing the correct payroll/works number, they are showing Quickbooks generated which is not their payroll number which is showing on payslips and in HMRC payroll settings.  How can i put the correct ID on the P60's?

TirzahC
QuickBooks Team

Hello, DX11ana.

May I know if you are referring to Employee I.D? If not, make sure you'll be able to update your employees' records in your QuickBooks account. I'm adding this article for more guidance: Add, update an employee record in QuickBooks Online.

Also, the P60 form shows the tax that was paid on the salary for the tax year. You’ll need to supply one to every person who is working for you. If they work for more than one company, they will receive one from each employer. After running the final payroll, you can download the P60 form from the Employees menu. I'm adding this article for more details: How to generate a P60 form.

I'm adding here some links that you can visit about the different ways of having your employees access their paycheck through tis article: QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll .

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me again if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business all the best!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us