cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
beckypearsoncons
Level 1

I cannot see how QB calculates corporation tax and there is no information in the help section - am in the uk - any ideas?

Solved
Best answer June 15, 2023

Accepted Solutions
emmam6

I cannot see how QB calculates corporation tax and there is no information in the help section - am in the uk - any ideas?

Hello Community Users, we just wanted to pop in and add an update regarding corporation tax and QuickBooks Online. There is now an option in workpapers in QuickBooks Online Accountant version to prepare and submit the corporation tax return (sometimes called CT600 form) We have included a help article on the how to steps here for any accountant users who would like more information.

Any questions please just ask them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @beckypearsoncons.

Currently, calculating corporate tax is not available in QuickBooks Online. For recording purposes, you can create an expense or bill to record your corporation tax payments manually. 

To record your corporation tax payments:

1. Click the Plus Icon (+).
  2. Choose Expense or Bill.
  3. Select the name of Agency where you paid the taxes.
  4. Enter the tax payment details.
  5. Click Save and Close.

For more detailed instructions, you may check these articles:

Also, you man check a supported third-party app to track and calculate your 

corporation tax.

Here's how:

1. Go to Apps.
  2. Enter Corporation Tax in the Search field.
  3. Select to open the app's overview.
  4. Click Get the app now.

For your reference, you can read this article to learn more about integrating an app: QuickBooks App Store.

Lastly, I'd consult contacting your Accountant or a Tax Professional so you'll be guided accurately in calculating your corporation taxes.

Keep me posted if you have other questions. I'm always here to help.

emmam6

Hello Community Users, we just wanted to pop in and add an update regarding corporation tax and QuickBooks Online. There is now an option in workpapers in QuickBooks Online Accountant version to prepare and submit the corporation tax return (sometimes called CT600 form) We have included a help article on the how to steps here for any accountant users who would like more information.

Any questions please just ask them.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us