cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Pensionable Earnings

Does anyone know if the Pensionable Earnings box in Pension Status report will automatically populate for each employee after first pay run in April 19 (I will be running 16th)? I have to manually upload my excel file to Peoples Pension through their website after I have ran payroll and this figure now needs to be included. Thanks for any help.

10 REPLIES 10
QuickBooks Team

Re: Pensionable Earnings

Hello Kirsty79,

Which version of payroll are you using? QuickBooks Payroll or Paysuite? Are you referring to the contribution file?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Desktop Pro 2019 so QBs payroll. Yes the file/report that shows each employees/employers contribution for that month after payroll ran. The Pensionable Earnings column was not in report until recently.

Kirsty

QuickBooks Team

Could you send us a screenshot showing this information in your QuickBooks Desktop.

^ER

Experienced Member

Can you help me out how to do this tried the normal screenshot method and putting it into word to upload and nothing happening!

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Kirsty79. 

There's no need to save it to a Word document. You can save the screenshot as image and then save it to your computer. After, when you click the Reply button to post your question, click the Photos button to attach the screenshot then Post.

Have a good one!

Experienced Member

PE030419.PNG

QuickBooks Team

Hello Kirsty,

This should update each period - on our testing account it shows correctly for how much is pensionable.

Can I confirm the date range is correct?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

We run payroll monthly so this was for 1-31st March 19. Should it have populated?

QuickBooks Team

Hi Kirsty,

We have tested this in our QuickBooks Desktop account and the Pensionable Earnings column is also showing on our report, this can be removed using the customise option on the report.

Please let me know if we can help with anything further relating to your payroll.

Experienced Member

For anyone interested the Pensionable Earnings field should be populated by the employees Gross Salary. When I called QBs the information they gave was incorrect.

I then called my Pensions provider that confirmed it was Gross pay as this now needs included in sheets manually submitted to providers.