cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
sld2012
Level 2

Sumbit EPS when claiming Employment Allowance?

Hello All,

Apologies if this question has been asked before.

Do i need to submit an EPS when claiming employment allowance (quickbooks Desktop 2019). I usually submit an FPS everytime I run payroll.

If i do need to submit an EPS, do i just send it once? (as our monthly Employer NIC is not much the allowance goes over a couple of months).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solved
Best answer May 10, 2019

Accepted Solutions
John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi sld2012

You will have to ensure that the Employment Allowance option is ticked and then send the EPS, you only have to submit this once in relation to Employment Allowance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi sld2012

You will have to ensure that the Employment Allowance option is ticked and then send the EPS, you only have to submit this once in relation to Employment Allowance.

Simon Plaw Hatch
Level 1

I have submitted the Employment Allowance by ticking the box on our April EPS, and I agree that you only need to do that once in the tax year even if the 3k is spread over a  few months.

My query is when we ran the May payroll no deduction was shown for the Employment Allowance we took against the Employers NI due.

Should I just use "adjust liabilities" to enter an adjustment to payroll liabilites does anyone know? It makes sense to me as the HMRC know we have taken the allowance from that EPS so this is just accounting for it ourselves.

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

If it's not deducting for that month; check on the previous months on the p32 and see if your entire allowance has been used up for this year?

Perhaps there is an opening balance affecting this?

Slav7
Level 1

How can I claim for Employment Allowance for the previous year 2019/2020? For the last year, I did not make this tick in my payroll system.
Can I submit the EPS file now?

JonpriL

Hello @Slav7,

You can contact our Payroll Care Team so someone can help you claim the employment allowance. They have tools needed to pull up your account and guide you through the steps in submitting EPS.

1. Go to Help.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Click Contact Us.
  4. Enter EPS and Employment Allowance in the Tell us more about your question: field.
  5. Select Search.
  6. Click Message an Agent.

Lastly, I've got you these helpful articles you can read for ideas about how you can manage your payroll account and related transactions: Help Articles for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, let me know in the comments. I'll be happy to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us