cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henry3
Level 1

Account Access without password

The bookkeeper has resigned and doesn't remember the password.

How can I gain access to a QB Desktop account without password%3F

Treasurer

1 Comment 1
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Account Access without password

A warm welcome from the Community, @henry3.

I’m happy to lend a hand in resetting your QuickBooks Desktop Admin password.

You can utilize the Automated Password Reset Tool in order to access your company file on a Windows computer. Make sure you have the following information used to register QuickBooks:

• Authorized user’s name and email address
  • Primary Mailing address (especially zip code)
  • License number
  • Phone number

Follow the steps below to get started:

1. Download the Automated Password Reset Tool.
  2. Choose the version of QuickBooks last used to open the company file and install it on the computer.
  3. Enter the license number and other business information used to register QuickBooks, then click Next.
  4. Accept the license agreement to download the tool. Click Download now if the automatic download didn’t work.
  5. Run the tool and enter the token number received via email.
  6. Select the same QuickBooks version on the QuickBooks Desktop Products drop-down.
  7. Click Browse for Company file and select the file you want to reset the password for.
  8. Type in the correct file Admin User Name, then enter New Password and confirm it.
  9. Once done, hit Reset Password.

Right after, you should be able to open and log in to your company file using the new password. Check out this article to know more about the process: Use the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop.

That should get you pointed in the right direction. 

Leave a comment below and let me know if this works out for you. Take care and have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us