cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MMW

After adjusting WA State Family Medical Leave it no longer calculates employee deductions from their pauchecks..

1 Comment

Re: After adjusting WA State Family Medical Leave it no longer calculates employee deductions fro...

Glad you've reached out to the Community, @MMW.

I want to ensure that the WA State Family Medical Leave will calculate properly on your employees' paycheck. Let's drill down to the bottom of this and get you back on track.

QuickBooks will auto-correct if adjustments made are beyond the expected rate. This can be the reason why the WA State Family Medical Leave deductions are not calculating. What are we going to do is to pull up a payroll detail review to verify the created adjustments. 

To do that:

1. Click on Reports at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on Employees and Payroll.
  3. Choose Payroll Detail Review.
  4. Click on Customize Report.
  5. Refer to the Filters tab.
  6. Under the Current Filter Choices tab, select Payroll Item.
  7. On the Payroll Item section, choose WA State Family Medical Leave.
  8. Click on OK to save changes.

From there, you can review the amount of the adjustments and see if it's correct. Once verified and the issue persists, I'd suggest running a payroll update to make sure that your tax table is updated. 

If doing this doesn't make a difference, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Payroll Care Team. They have the necessary tools to check on your transactions and further investigate this matter.

In the event that you should have questions about this, or need anything else, you can find me here. Have a good one!