cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
jenniferperlock
Level 1

Can I do a partial Payroll in Quickbooks Online? Ie, run the payroll for salaried employees today (week early but post dated) and then run the hourly employees later?

1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Can I do a partial Payroll in Quickbooks Online? Ie, run the payroll for salaried employees today (week early but post dated) and then run the hourly employees later?

Hi there, 

Glad to have you post in the Community. I'd be happy to assist you with processing a partial payroll in QBO. 

You can run a partial payroll the same way you'd run a normal payroll. You'd just have to adjust the setting so that only the salaried employees are paid today and the hourly employees later. Here are the steps: 

1.  Select Run Payroll.
  2.  Select the Pay group you want to run payroll for, and select Next. (If you only have one pay group, it will already be selected as the default option.)
  3.  You will notice that you enter information for Hourly employees & Contractors first.
  4.  (Running Payroll for the first time? If so follow this step, if not skip to the next.) Select your First day of pay period, Last day of pay period & Pay date, then select Process.
  5.  Enter the applicable Hours under the respective Income types. (Tip: You can add or remove available Income type columns from the Gear icon above Edit   columns.)
  6.  Select Next.
  7.  Repeat steps 1-6 to pay your Salary Employees. (Tip: If you do not wish to pay an employee on a pay group, you can change the Pay? toggle button to Off.)
  8.  Before submitting, review each employee details to make sure the information is accurate and all your employees are accounted for. To see details on a particular paycheque, select the View Details button.
  9.  Check the box confirming that you have properly reviewed all information, and that your payroll is approved and ready for processing.
  10.  Select Approve.

For more info, check out this article. Otherwise, let me know if I'm missing something. I'm here to assist. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us