cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

Can I run direct deposit for multiple independant contractors at one time?

Can I run direct deposit for multiple contractors at one time? Or do i have to end each one one by one? I pay 40 independent contractors every Friday. I used to pay by check but I'd like to automate this process.

8 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can I run direct deposit for multiple independant contractors at one time?

Good day, Dmataia.

For now, you can only pay one contractor at a time.

I like your idea of paying multiple contractors at the same time, though. I'll share this concern to our management team so it'll be submitted to our software engineers. This will be reviewed and might be included in future updates. 

I've also got you an article for future reference: Contractor direct deposit.

We're just here if you have more questions. Have a good day!

@Kristine Mae wrote:

Good day, Dmataia.

For now, you can only pay one contractor at a time.

I like your idea of paying multiple contractors at the same time, though. I'll share this concern to our management team so it'll be submitted to our software engineers. This will be reviewed and might be included in future updates. 

I've also got you an article for future reference: Contractor direct deposit.

We're just here if you have more questions. Have a good day!

Please update the system to allow us to pay multiple contractors at once. I pay 18 a week. It is a pain to do them all one at a time.

QuickBooks Team

Re: Please update the system to allow us to pay multiple contractors at once. I pay 18 a week. It...

Thanks for joining the conversation, @dwaltman4,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with paying your contractors in QuickBooks Online. I can give you the steps on how to pay multiple contractors in QuickBooks Online.

If you're not enrolled to Online Bill Pay, perform these steps to create a batch payments for your contractors:

1. Go to the Create (+) icon indicated by the plus sign.
  2. Choose Pay Bills.
  3. Mark the bills you want to pay.
  4. Hit Save and print or Save and Close.

Here's an article to guide you: How to enter and pay bills

If you're paying bills online, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Create icon (+).
  2. Select Pay Bills Online.
  3. Mark the unpaid bills in the Pay Bills Online window.
  4. Click Review and Submit.
  5. Confirm all the information in the Review and Submit window.
  6. Click Submit Payment.

For more information about Online Bill Pay, check out these links:

What is Online Bill Pay?

Paying bills in Online Bill Pay

Please feel free to visit the Community if you have further questions. I'm always around to ensure you're all set. Cheering you to continued success in all your endeavors!

Experienced Member

Experienced Member

Re: Please update the system to allow us to pay multiple contractors at once. I pay 18 a week. It...

Please update your system to allow for paying multiple contractors at one time. I have several clients that have 20+ contractors that they pay each week. Currently, it is a cumbersome process and they are considering going back to their old payroll company.

It would be helpful to have a default (sticky key) for the account and the bank as well as a place for the hours worked and the pay period for the payment.

A list of the contractors with boxes per contractor for hours worked and pay period along with the default account and bank would be most helpful.

The contractors also need a place that they can obtain a history of their payments.

***The Online Bill Pay suggestion is not helpful and as time consuming.

Experienced Member

Re: Please update the system to allow us to pay multiple contractors at once. I pay 18 a week. It is a pain to do them all one at a time.

Thank you for taking the time posting your suggestions in the Community page, feinbergks and marisa33. 

I can see how beneficial to have the ability to send multiple contractors direct deposit at once, but as mentioned by my peers, it's not currently available.

Contractor Direct Deposit for QuickBooks Online is a new feature that was just launched last year. Your suggestions let our developers know the enhancements you'd like to see in the program soon and how we can make it even better.   

I'll also pass your ideas to our Product Development team to see if this feature will be available for future updates. Additionally, I'm adding a link to where you can find some video tutorials for more refernce while working with QuickBooks: QuickBooks Tutorials.

You’re always welcome to drop by again if there's anything else I can help you with. I'll be happy to help you further.