cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

Can I use manual payroll and payroll subscription at the same time for 2 different companies?

In Quickbooks desktop, If I set up manual payroll for one company will it disable a payroll subscription I have for another company?

Best answer a month ago

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I use manual payroll and payroll subscription at the same time for 2 different companies?

Thanks for sharing your concern here in the Community, @Andrea5.

I can share some insights on how manual payroll works in QuickBooks Desktop. 

To answer your question, running manual payroll to one of your company files won't disable the active payroll subscription on the other company file. The subscription will only work for the EIN's that are registered on it. If it's registered, you can just remove its service key to turn the payroll off.

Let me guide you how:

1. Click on Employees at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on My Payroll Service.
  3. Choose Manage Service Key.
  4. In the QuickBooks Service Keys window, go to the Service Name column and select to highlight the payroll subscription.
  5. Select Remove or press Alt + 0 (zero) on your keyboard.
  6. Select Yes to confirm that you are removing the service key.

To give you more details about handling payroll (manual/ with subscription) in QuickBooks Desktop, feel free to read through these resources:

This information should get you going today, Andrea5.

Keep me updated should you have any concerns regarding payroll. It'd be my pleasure to help. Take care and more power to your business!

1 Comment

Re: Can I use manual payroll and payroll subscription at the same time for 2 different companies?

Thanks for sharing your concern here in the Community, @Andrea5.

I can share some insights on how manual payroll works in QuickBooks Desktop. 

To answer your question, running manual payroll to one of your company files won't disable the active payroll subscription on the other company file. The subscription will only work for the EIN's that are registered on it. If it's registered, you can just remove its service key to turn the payroll off.

Let me guide you how:

1. Click on Employees at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on My Payroll Service.
  3. Choose Manage Service Key.
  4. In the QuickBooks Service Keys window, go to the Service Name column and select to highlight the payroll subscription.
  5. Select Remove or press Alt + 0 (zero) on your keyboard.
  6. Select Yes to confirm that you are removing the service key.

To give you more details about handling payroll (manual/ with subscription) in QuickBooks Desktop, feel free to read through these resources:

This information should get you going today, Andrea5.

Keep me updated should you have any concerns regarding payroll. It'd be my pleasure to help. Take care and more power to your business!