cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debra3
Level 1

Can you run a payroll report showing hours worked, OT, etc per employee summarized in one line employee for a years time instead of by pay period??

7 Comments 7
PreciousB

Can you run a payroll report showing hours worked, OT, etc per employee summarized in one line employee for a years time instead of by pay period??

Greetings debra,

Let me help you get a report that can show employee's total regular and overtime hours.

You can run the Payroll Details report for this. The total hours will be shown at the bottom part of the report. You can select the employee's name at the top to show their summary.

Here's how:

1. Click Reports on the left pane.
  2. Enter Payroll Details in the Go to report search box.
  3. Set the date range at the top.
  4. Select the employee's name, and click Run Report.

If this is something that you think our engineers need to look into, I recommend you send your feedback through clicking the Gear icon then selecting Feedback. We would really appreciate your suggestions since many of our updates come from customer recommendations.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Have a great day.

Concreteboys63
Level 1

Yes I have to do a report for bonus's that has total regular hours and OT hours seperate I am running quickbooks Enterprise solutions Contractor 18 and it doesnt work for me is there a way to get this information for each active employee?

MikiD
QuickBooks Team

I'd happy to share some details about this, Concreteboys63.

Bonus, Overtime, and Regular Pay are three different payroll items. When running a report, these items will always have their separate row and total amounts. You can run the Payroll Item Detail report then filter it to these items to get the details you only want. 

Here's how to do it:

1. Go to Reports at the top. 
  2. Select Employees & Payroll > Payroll Item
  3. Set the dates and click Customize Report tab
  4. Go to Filters tab and search Payroll Item under the Filter Options. 
  5. Choose Multiple Payroll Items and Pick Overtime Pay, Bonus and Regular Pay only. 
  6. Hit OK.

Lastly, below are the articles that might help you while working on the payroll reports:

We encourage you to always visit this site if there's anything else you need help with QuickBooks. Have a great day!

BryGuy1023
Level 1

I think this is only part of the solution.

We would like to know the other factor in the equation:

Amount= wage base x (Hours Worked)

I would like the report to show Hours Worked

This information is located in the employee earnings

Rea_M

I agree with you, @BryGuy1023. The hours worked information can be found under the Hours column in the Payroll Details report in QuickBooks Online Payroll (QBOP). I'll share more details about this below.

You can pull up payroll reports to gather all the data you need to complete your equation. The wage base can be found in the Employee Details report. While the hours worked are through the Payroll Details report's Hours column. Please see the screenshot below for your reference.

Also, after customizing your reports to focus on the details that matter the most, you may want to memorize them to save their current settings for future use. If you wish to learn more about this process in QBO, please see this article: Memorize reports in QuickBooks Online.

If you have other reporting and payroll concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know in the comments below. I'm always ready to help. Take care, @BryGuy1023.

BryGuy1023
Level 1

Thank you @Rea_M !

I am using QBD Pro 23.

Is this any different process?

Thanks

RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for checking in with us, BryGuy1023.

Yes, it is a different process when running a payroll report to show Bonuses, Overtime, Regular Pay, Hours Worked, etc in QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2023. Just run the Payroll Item Detail report then filter it to these items to get the details you only want. This shows you the payroll items on the report with their separate row and total amounts. Let me guide you on how:

1. Go to Reports at the top.
  2. Select Employees & Payroll.
  3. Choose Payroll Item Detail
  4. Set the dates and click Customize Report tab.
  5. Go to the Filters tab and search Payroll Item under the Filter Options.
  6. Choose Multiple Payroll Items and Pick Overtime PayBonus, and Regular Pay only.
  7. Press OK.

You can check out this article to customize payroll reports to get the information you need: Customize payroll and employee reports. Additionally, here are some articles that you can read through to help you manage yours seamlessly in QuickBooks Desktop:

Fill me in if you have more queries with QBDT Payroll-related tasks. I'd be glad to assist you further. Take care always and best regards.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us