cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash flow is tight until the next customer payment but I still want to pay my employees payroll. How can I process payroll in QBO with my business credit card?

Solved
Best answer January 25, 2019

Best Answers
AlcaeusF

Cash flow is tight until the next customer payment but I still want to pay my employees payroll. How can I process payroll in QBO with my business credit card?

Hello, alex-pearce.

I'm here to provide insight into using direct deposit in QuickBooks Online. 

When using the direct deposit feature, you can only use a standard checking account for funding employees. In case you need more information about how this works, I'm adding the article I recommend on this: Set up your company payroll for direct deposit.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I wish you a wonderful week ahead. 

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Hi alex-pearce,

You can use the Direct Deposit feature to pay your employees using Credit Card. Note: If your bank is one of the eight partner banks, you can connect your bank instantly. Otherwise, you'll go through our regular bank verification process. This will take up to 3 business days activate direct deposit.

Here are the steps:

1. Click the Gear icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. Under Your Company, click Payroll Settings.
  3. Under Payroll and Services, click Direct Deposit.
  4. Click the Yes! Let's get started button.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

You can also check this article for more information: Set up your company payroll for direct deposit.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Renjo

AlcaeusF

Hello there, alex-pearce.

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm here to provide the support you need with changing the funding account for Direct Deposit.

I've checked here, and we haven't received any reports from other users regarding the missing option. To isolate the issue, we can perform some basic troubleshooting.

We can start with logging into your QuickBooks account through a private browser. I'm adding the shortcut key below depending on the browser you're using:

• In Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • In Google Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • In Safari, press Command + Shift + N.

If you're able to see the option, we can switch back to your regular browser and clear its cache. If the same thing happens, I recommend using a different browser.

Please let me know how this goes, and I'll be sure to get back to you. I'll be on a lookout for your response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi AlcaeusF,

The option is missing in the desktop version of QBO, Chrome, Safari, and Chrome Private.

To confirm, here is my path: Gear Icon > Company Settings | Payroll Settings. There is no option anywhere that says "Direct Deposit".

Keep in mind that I have already setup direct deposit for payroll in the past, so if this option is only available for the first time setup, I'm passed that. Also, my subscription is for the Enhanced Payroll service, so not sure if some options are hidden with that.

I ended up having my employee send my company an invoice via Paypal so my company could pay the employee's check with the credit card, but I would like to figure out how to do it in QBO if I need to do this again in the future. 

AlcaeusF

Hi again, alex-pearce.

Thank you for getting back to me and for providing additional clarification about what you've tried on your end to change the funding account.

I've checked your screenshot and have identified that you're one of the users using the new platform of QBOP. The steps provided by my colleague @RenjolynC is applicable for users with the old view.

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Payroll Settings.
  3. Below Bank Accounts, select Company.

I'm adding the screenshot for additional reference:

Thanks for coming to the Community, wishing you a wonderful rest of your day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AlcaeusF, I see that screen now, but it looks like I can only connect bank accounts from the menu that pops up. Is there a way to change the account to a credit card?

Its a chase account and when I go through the connection process, it only shows my checking account there, not the credit card.

AlcaeusF

Hello, alex-pearce.

I'm here to provide insight into using direct deposit in QuickBooks Online. 

When using the direct deposit feature, you can only use a standard checking account for funding employees. In case you need more information about how this works, I'm adding the article I recommend on this: Set up your company payroll for direct deposit.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. I wish you a wonderful week ahead. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s not what I understood based on what @RenjolynC said earlier. Is there no way to pay employee payroll in QBO via credit card then?

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for reaching back out to us, @Anonymous.

Allow me to join this thread and provide some information about paying an employee through a credit card in QUickBooks Online.

Currently, paying an employee using a credit card isn't an option for us. As my peer AlcaeusF mentioned above, using the direct deposit feature or even writing regular checks only allows you to use a standard checking account for funding employees. 

I can see how this feature can help you run your business easier. I'd encourage you sharing this idea to our product Product Developers. Doing this helps them understand where we can improve and what features should be added so we can better serve you. Just click on the Gear icon and select on Send Feedback Online to send your suggestion. 

Also, you can visit our QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated about our latest happenings. Through this, you're able to get the newest news, features, and updates about QuickBooks Online and what our Product Care Team is working on.

In case you need additional assistance, you can always reach out to our Customer Care Team through this contact information:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need. I'll be around to help you out. Have a great day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @BettyJaneB, I’ll go ahead and do that. I think this is a very important feature to include, especially given what is going on with the government right now and the general lack of cash flow for employers. 

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello again, @Anonymous.

Your willingness to help us improve our products is highly appreciated. I will also do my part and raise this concern to our developers so this will be taken care of.

Please know that the Community is always here whenever you need it. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

i pay 67 usd i want that please
Level 1

i need my credit card payment please Invoice number: 10001272977069 other one Invoice number: 10001279561666 please i want this my amount please 

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for turning to the Community about your payment concern.

I recognize the value of time and money when running a business, especially during this time. To better assist you, I just have to ask for more details on what you're experiencing.

May I know if you're using QuickBooks Payments? Can you share with us how many days you haven't received the payment?

Any additional information you can provide will ensure a timely solution. I'll be on the lookout for your response. Have a good one. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us