cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Changing company contact info for payroll

I have recently taken over accounting for a company and am starting to do payroll for them.  The Payroll Company Contact information for the company includes the email and phone number of the previous accounting person, listed under Owner/Principal.  I do not have the option to change that.  How do I go about changing that information and get the old accountant off the payroll info?

4 Comments

Re: Changing company contact info for payroll

Hi there, Clear_Solutions,

I'm here to guide you to the right support to ensure you'd able to change company contact information for your payroll account since this change, needs to be requested and verified.

To contact us, here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. In the Have a Question window, click Contact us at the bottom portion of the screen.
  4. Click Search for something else.
  5. Type in a keyword about your concern.
  6. Hit Search.
  7. Click on Start a Message.

If you have further questions, please let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great day!

Experienced Member

Thanks, but there is no Contact Us at the bottom of the screen, as you can see.  I will attempt to find an actual phone number.

Experienced Member

Thank you, but there's no Contact Us at the bottom of the Desktop Help screen, as you can see from the attachment.  I will try to find a phone number or something, some other way.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @Clear_Solutions.

I appreciate you performing the steps shared by my colleague to contact Customer Care.

Since this is a public forum and pulling up your account in a secure environment is only possible by reaching out to the phone support team, I recommend following the steps below to get in touch with one of our representatives.

Here’s how:

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact#.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Select Continue as a guest.
  4. Pick your Desktop version.
  5. From the Contact Us page, select a QuickBooks Orders & Account Management, then click Customer Account Management Portal.
  6. Hit Start a Message.

contact us 1.PNGcontact us 2.PNGcontact us 3.PNGcontact us 4.PNG

From there, update the company information, so you can log in to CAMPS using your own credentials. For future reference, check out this article: Manage your QuickBooks Desktop products and subscriptions in CAMPS.

That should do it. Let me know how this goes and if you have any questions. I’m always here to keep helping. Have a good one!