cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GwenJW
Level 1

Commission Pay Changes

My company pays different percentages for each employee and these percentages change pretty regularly.  Example: I have employees that used to get 15%, but they got a raise so I don't need that percentage checked anymore.  I un-check that percentage by editing their pay, but when I click done, it doesn't save it.  So when I make a paycheck, there's still a box to enter 15% for that employee.  I can't delete it, because it deletes that percentage for all employees and a different employee gets that percentage.  How can I get rid of that percentage box for only 1 employee?  I'd like to have as few boxes in payroll as possible to avoid error on my part.  

3 Comments 3
Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Commission Pay Changes

Hello there, @GwenJW.

I’d love to help you today. However, for me to give you the right amount of information, may I know what QuickBooks version are you using?

I’ve checked that you’ve added Intuit Payroll and QuickBooks Online products. However, I tried replicating this using my QuickBooks Online (QBO) test account, and I don’t have this option on my end.

In addition, it would be best if you can attach/add a visual screenshot for additional reference.

Additional information would be much appreciated, just add a comment below. I’ll be right here to get back to you!

GwenJW
Level 1

Commission Pay Changes

I'm using Quickbook Essentials.  I go to Workers, Employee list, click on employee,  edit pay, edit "how much do you pay employee?", and then the page with this screen shot comes up.   I uncheck these boxes and, hit "done" and then why I go back to check that what I did was saved, I see that what I unchecked is checked again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Commission Pay Changes

Thanks for providing enough information about your issue, GwenJW.

I did try to replicate the same procedure in my QBO and I was able to change my commission options. We can try to check if this has something to do with your browser by doing the steps again on a private window. Here’s how:

• For Chrome press Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • For Internet Explorer or Firefox, press Ctrl + Shift+ P.
  • For Safari, hold down Command + Shift + N.

If you’re able to update your commission option, I’d recommend clearing your browser’s cache or switch to other browser. There are times that the over loaded files stored in your browser can cause unusual behavior in the program. 

However if you’re still  getting the same issue, it’d be best to contact our support team to report the issue. 
Here’s how to reach them:

1. Click Help at the top. 
  2. Select Contact us. 
  3. Type in your concern under How can we help?
  4. Click Continue. 

Please don’t hesitate to visit s again if you have other concerns about QuickBooks. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us