cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Connect Payroll to Quickbooks Mac

I have signed up for Intuit QB Payroll Annual Basic, and to activate all the instructions say to use the “Employees | Add Payroll” menu choice from QB Desktop for Mac.  But when I do so I get a message that says “We didn’t find any Online Payroll companies."

I don’t see any other way to connect (or activate) the Payroll subscription - please help.

Thanks ...

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Connect Payroll to Quickbooks Mac

Hey there, DavidWC.

Let me welcome you first to the Online Community. I'm here to help get around the error you encounter when activating payroll.

We haven't received any reports from other users regarding this issue, but I know some steps that can help fix this. The first thing is to log in to your company using a private browser or incognito window.

This helps us check if the cause of the issue is the browser's cache that's preventing you from enabling the payroll feature. Here are the shortcut keys for each browser.

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N  
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N

If you're able to activate payroll via private window, I suggest clearing your cache. This will boost the overall functionality of the application.

The following article will give you instruction on how to Clear the browser cache and temporary Internet files.

In case private browsing fails, let's use a different browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Once done, you should be able to use payroll to track your employees’ pay.

Let me know if you get the chance to try all these suggestions and what the results are. I'll jump right back in to assist you further.