cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwilker
Level 1

Contractor Direct Deposit Error

Quickbooks keeps reverting a contractor back to inactive even though I have never had his status as inactive. I have entered his bank account in for direct deposit and he still enters time in as well. When I switch him back to active and add his SS# in for the 100th time and save, I go back to submit a direct deposit for him and receive this error: We need a Tax ID or SSN for this contractor to make a direct deposit. You can enter this information in the Personal Details section of the contractor's profile.

I can clearly see that the SS# is on his profile until QB makes him inactive again after I leave that page. All of our other employees and contractors have no problem with their direct deposit. I have entered all employees and contractors in the same. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Comments 2
kwilker
Level 1

Thank you. I have submitted a ticket already and they have no idea how long it will take. I was looking to see if someone had run into this before to see their solution.

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @kwilker.

I appreciate your initiative in calling us and submitting an investigation ticket for the Contractor Direct Deposit Error you're experiencing. As long as your account details are added to the Investigation Number: 15893, rest assured you'll receive the updates through email notification. 

I also promise to loop back into this post once updates are available. Have a wonderful weekend!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us