cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Contributor *

Direct Deposit

How do I set-up a two bank accounts for payroll direct deposit? I have one set-up, but need to add a second for a different group of employees to be paid from.

3 Comments

Re: Direct Deposit

Hello there, @sd33.

At this time, payroll bank connections for direct deposit is limited to one account. This is to avoid unexpected behaviors when using this feature. But you can set up a second bank account if you will not use direct deposit. 

First, if you haven't set up the new bank account, do so in the QuickBooks Desktop Chart of Accounts.

1. From the Lists menu, select Chart of Accounts.
  2. Click the Accounts button, then select New.
  3. Select Bank, then Continue.
  4. Enter your bank account information
  5. Select Save & Close.

Then, when you run payroll to this group of employees, just select it from the BANK ACCOUNT drop-down.

You can also set up payroll schedules for them. It helps you check which group needs to be paid and when. The following article contains the details to set these up and assign them your employees: Set up and manage payroll schedules.

Additionally, if you want your employees to access their pay stubs and W-2's online, you can have them sign up for QuickBooks Workforce. 

Let me know in the comment section below if you have any other questions about direct deposit. I'll be happy to help you out.

Community Contributor *

Thank you., @MaryGraceS. Yes, I have multiple bank accounts set-up so that isn't a problem. I just need to pay the different divisions out of separate bank accounts and wanted to avoid setting up a second company. We track different divisions by class. Thanks for your help!
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @sd33.

Happy to know that the steps provided by my colleague MaryGraceS give additional information/clarification about setting up and paying employees through direct deposit in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

Also, as mentioned above, you'll be able to use a separate bank account to pay the different divisions (the group of employees) but not with direct deposit. In this case, you can print a regular check for those employees and use the desired bank when creating the paycheck.

For further details and for your future reference about creating paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, you can check this article: Create paychecks.

You can also check our help articles in case you have any other QuickBooks concerns in the future.

Feel free to drop a comment below if you have any other concerns about running payroll in QBDT, I'll always be here to help you. Have a great day ahead!