cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
creategate82
Level 1

Direct depost

Hi,

I'm using QB Online and I have an employee who would like me to split his paycheck by percentage into two bank accounts.  He wants 55% direct deposited to one and the remainder deposited to another.  Is there any way to do this?  This is an hourly employee so his paycheck will vary from week to week and I would rather not have to go into his profile and edit the dollar amount every time he's paid. 

Thanks!

5 Comments 5
IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Direct depost

Hello there, @creategate82.

Let me share some details on how you can split your employee's direct deposit payroll in QuickBooks Online.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Payroll Settings.
  3. Under Payroll, click Direct Deposit link.
  4. Choose an employee you want to have split accounts and click Set Up button.
  5. Select Direct deposit to two accounts as an option on how do you pay an employee.
  6. Fill in the necessary information and click OK.

For additional insights, you may check out these articles:

That should do it! Always feel free to visit us here in the Community if you have other questions about direct deposit payroll.I'm always here to help.

Thrive Landscapes Ltd
Level 1

Direct depost

Okay, but now I've got two items on my bank feed that add up to the total pay check amount, that I don't know how to deal with on my bank feed.

Anyone come across this before? I can't find anyone else asking this and I'm sure this must have come up before

MaryLurleenM

Direct depost

Hello there, Thrive Landscapes Ltd,

Matching two online banking transactions to one expense in QuickBooks Online is unavailable.

I recommend excluding the two transactions in the For Review section. Here's how:

1. Click Banking from the left pane.
  2. Select the For Review tab.
  3. Check the boxes of the two transactions to exclude. 
  4. Choose Exclude Selected from the Batch actions drop-down.

Once done, proceed with manually reconciling the expense created in QBO.

1. Click Accounting on the left pane.
  2. Select Chart of Accounts.
  3. Find the account where the expense was recorded, and then click View Register.
  4. Locate the expense.
  5. In the Reconcile status column, continually click the field to change the status to R (Reconciled).
  6. Save.

Please feel free to leave a comment below if you need any further assistance.

Thrive Landscapes Ltd
Level 1

Direct depost

I can't find the "View Register" option when looking at the account where the pay check was recorded?

RaymondJayO

Direct depost

Thanks for getting back to us, @Thrive Landscapes Ltd

You might have used a different region of QuickBooks Online (QBO), which is why you're unable to see the View Register option. I'm here to provide you screenshots to locate this option on your Chart of Accounts page. 

If you're using either CA, UK, or AU version, the other term for View Register is Account History. Please see the screenshot below for your reference. 

AccountHistory.PNG

You can check out the screenshot below if you're using the US version. 

ViewRegister.PNG

Once found, you can now perform the fourth to last steps provided by MaryLurleenM above. I'm including this article to serve as your future guide: Add and Match Downloaded Banking Transactions

This will get you in the right direction, @Thrive Landscapes Ltd

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to assist you. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us