cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eeei732
Level 3

Does full service payroll take care of W2s automatically?

I am subscribing to Quickbooks Payroll with full service and was wondering if it will take care of electronically filing W2 forms without any interaction from me? 

Also, and this keeps coming up over and over again, the menu items in my Quickbooks never seem to match what the instructions at Intuit say to do.  Are some menu items gone because I am a subscriber to full service payroll?  For instance, the instructions to view a W2 form at:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Employees-and-payroll-taxes/Print-W-2-forms/m-p/186427

do not work.  I got to Taxes, then Forms, but there is no annual forms link.

I also had a similar problem trying to follow instructions to set up QSEHRA, and still have not succeeded with that one.

Thanks.

3 Comments 3
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

I’m happy to see you in the Online Community, eeei732.

Allow me to share some information about filing tax forms via QuickBooks Full Service.

This is a hassle free subscription since we submit tax payments to the federal agency, prepare your employees' tax forms including W-2s, file them to the government agencies and mail them directly to your employees.

In regard to the link provided, the steps in the article will only apply if you’re using QuickBooks Online Payroll. To properly setup QSEHRA, I suggest contacting our Payroll Support Team for further assistance.

They can also check your account and investigate why some menus are missing.

I want to ensure you stay on top of the year-end’s taxes, forms and payroll, I’m adding a link that can assist in preparing the payroll data.

Keep me posted about how things go after contacting support. I want to make sure this is taken care of for you. Have a great day ahead.

Pdickson
Level 2

I am having problems understanding who is responsible to file the STATE W2?  I had to manually create a file to upload to Minnesota Revenue for each employee w2 on all three of my companies.

Is this the way full service payroll QBO automatically files all STATE and federal forms?

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to get a tracenumber or bulk file ID once the files is sent by QBO?

Charies_M

Hello there, Pdickson.

I'd like to thank you for visiting the Community. Let me share with you some information about filing State W2s in QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service.

For QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service, we automatically file State W-2s and Federal forms for you.

I'll be sharing you this article to learn more about how QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service works in terms of filing Payroll Forms: Minnesota Payroll Tax Compliance

For other queries about QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service, feel free to check out this link:

Once the forms are submitted, you will be receiving a confirmation email from Intuit. Otherwise, you may also want to get in touch with our QuickBooks Full Service Support to get the trace number and other information with you need with your State W2 filing.

Please let me know if you have  follow up questions while working with payroll. I'm always here to help you out.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us