cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Employer Medical Contribution

My previous job the company listed on my paycheck the employer contribution to my health insurance.  I would like to do that for our employees so they can also see the benefit of what the company is contributing.  How can I set this up??  

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Employer Medical Contribution

Hi, Ohbaby91.

Adding this information on the paycheck itself is unavailable. You can instead add this on your employee’s Paystub/Pay slip. 

To do so, make sure that you’ve checked the non-taxable company items option in your printing preferences. Here’s how:

1. Click File at the top. 
  2. Select Print Forms from the drop down option. 
  3. Choose Pay Stub. 
  4. Click the Preferences tab. 
  5. Put a check mark on Non-taxable company items. 
  6. Click OK. 

Other company insurance contribution should always reflect on your employee’s pay stub by default. 

Let me know if you need further assistance or have further questions about QuickBooks.  

Established Member

So I just need to set up the contribution like our 401K is set up for the employer contribution?

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, Ohbaby91.

Thanks for getting back. Allow me to chime in and share some clarifications about setting up employer contributions.

As discussed by my colleague, the option to add company contribution to your employees paycheck is unavailable. Paychecks in QuickBooks is designed to show only your employee's addition and deduction items. 

Yes, you'll just need to set up the contribution like 401K is set up for the employer contribution. 

Here's an article that provides a brief information on how to set up 401K employer contribution: Set up a payroll item for retirement benefits (401(K), Simple IRA, etc.).

Then, you can follow the steps provided by my colleague @MikiD on how you can add this information to your employee's Paystub.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have further questions. I'd be glad to help you out.