cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Extra Withholding

I had an employee send a new W4 asking for an extra $50 withheld from her check.  I got into her profile and the extra $50 was already set up for her.  But I got and look through her paychecks and only 1 in 21 total paychecks has withholding of more than $50, when at a minimum they should all be at least $50.  Any thoughts as to why it is not calculating correctly?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Extra Withholding

Hello there, @Dirk22.

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. I can help you correct the withholding amount on your employee paycheck.

Ideally, after updating the employee's setup for an extra $50 withholding, it should calculate moving forward. However, please take note that it doesn't apply to the historical paycheck.

To deduct the amount which was not withheld on the other 20 paychecks, I recommend adjusting the employee's upcoming paycheck. Enter the additional amount to the current federal withholding in the Employee Summary section.
1.JPG

That should guide you to the right direction, Dirk22. Keep me posted on how these steps work out for you. I'll be here to keep helping. Have a great day.