cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Filing W2s

I use quickbooks payroll on-line but I file all my own taxes with the State and Federal. I just printed off

my W2s but I am trying to figure out if that means they are automatically filed with the IRS or if I have

to file them. If so, how do I do that??

3 REPLIES 3
QuickBooks Team

Re: Filing W2s

Hi there, Lisa Ann.

In QuickBooks Online, forms are not filed automatically. You still have to initiate the filing process. If you want to file the W-2 form electronically, you can follow these steps:

1. On the left panel, click Taxes.
  2. Select Payroll Tax.
  3. Under Forms, click the Annual Forms link.
  4. Click the W-2 Copies A & D link.
  5. Click the Submit button. 

If you have any additional questions about QuickBooks, please let me know. Have a great day!.

Experienced Member

When we do this process and click the Submit button nothing happens...if we click it a few times we eventually receive a "form ID missing" error.

we have tried all the browsers, disabled pop-up blocking, all other content blocking, enabled flash, whitelisted the qbo.intuit.com domain...tried clearing browser caches, tried private browsing modes...uh its just not working.

QuickBooks Team

Hi infoatalaskagaloredotcom,

Thank you for trying RenjolynC's suggestion.

At this point, I'd encourage you to call our phone agents to check this further. They have more tools to check your company setup.

You can find their phone number using this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=64.

If you need anything else, you can always go back to this thread.