cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knott8691
Level 1

Forms

I'm trying to create various forms (w-2's, wt-7, etc) and when I create the form in payroll enhanced only the values show, no text is showing that describe what the value is.  So I also can't tell where to fill in a couple questions the form might ask because it just has a blank box with no question showing.

8 Comments 8
Kristine Mae

Forms

Hello there, Knott8691.

Let's locate and delete the paysub.ini file. Deleting this file resolves payroll issues.

Here's how:

1. Click the Help menu, then go to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Go to the Options tab, then take note of the folder under Download Location
  3. On your keyboard, press Windows + E.
  4. The Windows Explorer window will open. Go to the address bar, enter the folder path, then press Enter.
  5. In QuickBooks Desktop download location, type paysub in the search field, then press Enter.
  6. Once you see the paysub file, right-click, then choose Delete.
  7. Repeat for all paysub.ini or paysub files found.

Once done, download the latest payroll update. Then, open the form again.

You can keep us updated after trying these steps. 

Knott8691
Level 1

Forms

I successfully followed your procedure and forms still only show data.  No text.  I have two other computers in my office for my employees and when I log into their computers with my login the forms show up correctly.  If that piece of info helps solve the problem?

Korey

Kristine Mae

Forms

Hello again, Korey.

Thanks for providing me with more information. Let's try to repair QuickBooks. Repairing the software fixes program-related issues. Before you do it, create a backup copy of your company file. This way, we have a copy of your data in case it will be messed up.

Here's how to repair QuickBooks:

1. Click the Windows/Start icon on your computer.
  2. Choose Programs and Features, then look for Control Panel.
  3. Choose QuickBooks, then click Uninstall/Change.
  4. Click Continue, then Next.
  5. Choose Repair, then Next.
  6. Wait for the repair to complete, then click Finish.
  7. Restart your computer if prompted. 

Make sure to download the latest payroll update. Then, open the form again. 

Get back to this thread if you still need my help. I'm just around. 

Loftatsea
Level 3

Forms

I am having the same issue. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling the program as per support. It did not fix the issue. Then I tried the repair as mentioned. I am still having this issue. Any other suggestions?

AlcaeusF

Forms

Hello Loftatsea,

Welcome to the Community. I'm here to help view the tax forms available in QuickBooks Desktop.

Please make sure your QuickBooks and payroll tax table is up to date for the forms to be visible.

Here's how to update QuickBooks:

1. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Go to the Update Now tab.
  4. Put a check mark on the box beside Reset Update.
  5. Click Get Updates.

Check out this sample screenshot:

Once done, you can download and run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair tool. This troubleshooting helps resolve problems with running the forms as well.

For more information into the tool, you can follow the detailed steps in this article (scroll down to Solution 1):

Troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop.

Fill me in if you need more help with viewing forms within the program. The Community is always around to ensure your success.

Loftatsea
Level 3

Forms

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the suggestions you provided did not fix the issue. 

Loftatsea
Level 3

Forms

I took the suggested steps and I am still having the same issue.

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Forms

Thanks for keeping me updated about the steps that you've tried, @Loftatsea.

Allow me to step into this conversation and provide additional steps to get this forms issue sorted out.

Let's go ahead and run the reboot.bat file. This can help us fix the QuickBooks .DLL and .OCX files in Microsoft Windows.

To do that:

1. Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop.
  3. Select on Properties.
  4. Choose Open file location.
  5. From the properties menu, select shortcuts.
  6. Right-click the reboot.bat file.
  7. Select Run as Administrator. (Make sure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator. The file may display as reboot.bat or reboot, depending on your Windows Folder Options settings).
  8. Once done, a command (DOS) window (black window) will open with rapidly scrolling file names. Do not manually close this window. When the reboot.bat file utility has completed, the window will close automatically.

After that, restart your PC and run QuickBooks afterwards.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Care Team to further investigate this matter. 

You can also read through this link about printing the W2 forms in QuickBooks Desktop for your future reference: Print W-2 and W-3 forms.

Please keep me updated on how things turns out. I'll be around to provide continued support. Have a great weekend!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us