cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Getting a payroll customer that I have changed over so I can use my PIN # for payroll direct deposit.

I have a customer that I have been doing his payroll for a year.  He asked me to set-up direct deposit for him.  So I was going to do that and it would not work.  I found out from him that he used someone else awhile back to do his payroll and they did direct deposit.  So the system is looking for that PIN# of the old payroll person.  I filled the forms and faxed them and e-mail them and I have been battling this for almost two years.  No one answer me!   Very frustrating!    Can someone help me?  Thank you

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Getting a payroll customer that I have changed over so I can use my PIN # for payroll direct ...

Hi, @Marie68.

Thanks for the detailed information about your concern. I want to make sure you get the assistance you need to start doing payroll for your customer.

In order to move their company's EIN to your payroll subscription, you would have to contact the Payroll Support Team. They can gather personal data and use the tool for resetting the direct deposit pin securely, which we are unable to do in this public forum.

To get our updated phone number, follow the steps below: 
1.    Go to this link https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/.
2.    Select your Payroll Subscription.
3.    Choose Payroll.
4.    Click View Contact Info.

That should do it. Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. If you need anything else, leave a reply below. I'm always here to help. Take care!

Experienced Member

Re: Getting a payroll customer that I have changed over so I can use my PIN # for payroll direct ...

I have gotten no where with this!  I can't make them understand.   The first person I spoke with was

helpful, but I needed to get some more information so I told him I would call back and he said he would give me his direct number.  So when I called back I got someone else, they didn't see any notes on the case file.  I had case number and that was it.  So I talked with this guy and he wanted to talk with the owner of the tax ID#.  Well the owner is not here.  I do his payroll and bookkeeping for him, so he is not available.  I have a form that he signed back in 2017 that I have faxed and e-mail many, many times.  So I told the last gentleman I was thru with trying to get this changed.  I hope no one else has to get a pin number changed.  GOOD LUCK!

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Marie68.

I appreciate you coming back to us for additional support. Allow me to join this thread and clear this up for you.

I know that you've already called us several times, however, Community is a public forum. I would love to check the status of your account, but the security of your account is my top priority. Phone support has access and tools unavailable to me so that your information is kept secure and private.

I'd advise to call us again to check your account and help you with making sure your information is safe and in place. Before you go, I want you to know that your voice matters and I'm submitting feedback on your behalf. Feedback is sent to the Management Team to determine what we need to implement moving forward to provide the best QuickBooks experience and ensure this doesn't happen again.

In case you need their contact details again, please refer to this link: https://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/?infosrc=qs&service=16.

Please tag me on your reply so I'll have the updates on this. I'd like to ensure this is properly handled. Thank you for understanding.

Experienced Member

You make it sound so easy.  It is a different story when you are talking to them.  The first guy I believe would have taken care of it, but I had to call back and when I did I get another guy who then wanted to speak to the owner of the Tax ID#.  Well the owner is not just sitting by my side!  I told the second guy to forget this whole process.   I am writing to someone at the top of Intuit about their customer service area surrounding payroll.  Thank you community for trying to help.