cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy10990
Level 2

Home Page

I was getting help from a tech support person and I allowed them to remotely access my computer. Now the radio buttons on my home page are active for "Pay Employees" "Pay Tax Liabilities" and "File Tax Forms" How can I turn this off (so it is grayed out & not active)? Intuit says I do not have a payroll account (which I do not) so I can't figure out how to turn these off. Thank you!

4 Comments 4
FritzF

Home Page

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community, @Wendy10990.

I appreciate you providing the complete details of your concern. I'm here to help make sure that you can turn off the payroll in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for Mac.

These options should only show on your Home Page if you have an active payroll subscription. Since you mentioned that you don't have one, I highly suggest contacting our Payroll Support team. They can use screen-sharing (remote access) to check why they're showing on your Home Page in a secure environment.

Here's how to reach them:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
2. Choose your QuickBooks Product, then select your QuickBooks version.
3. On the Contact Us page and pick a topic.
5. Click on the Get Phone Number (green) button to see the support number.

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Cancel and reactivate your Online Payroll account.

Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. I'm always here should you have any additional questions or concerns. Take care and have a great rest of the day!

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Home Page

I think this is set in the company file itself - once set there is no way to turn it off.  You may be able to go into QuickBooks->Preferences and choose Aatrix for the payroll option. I believe that will disable the buttons in the home page (since they don't work with Aatrix). 

Wendy10990
Level 2

Home Page

I appreciate your help. You are correct. QB told me it cannot be turned off and they are the ones who turned it on in the first place! I had tried your solution. It still leaves on the "Pay Employees" button. I guess I'm stuck with it.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Home Page

Its in the company file and there isn't any UI to turn it off.  Best to live with it.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us