cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How do I Create Payroll reports to match Paychex reports?

We just ended our relationship Paychex, (because they charged us for three years, but never filed our taxes).  We're using Quickbooks now.  There are so many reports out there, but I'm looking to just find something that matches the reports that Paychex had been providing us; specifically Payroll Journall (with employees listed on left and taxes paid by them), also quarterly reports.  Like I said, there are limitless options, but I've been wasting way too much time trying to re-create the format that I've become so used to seeing in Paychex.

Thank you in advance!

CB

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I Create Payroll reports to match Paychex reports?

Welcome and thank you for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, landscape grl!

Honestly, I’m not familiar with the reporting function in Paychex, but I can help you check out the payroll reports in QuickBooks. Then, we’ll run through some Federal and State forms for your filing.

You can check the payroll reports by going to the Reports menu and select Payroll and Employees. All reports related to payroll and in there. You may want to check the article about 

For the payroll forms, please follow these steps:

1. Choose the Employees menu.
  2. Choose Payroll Center.
  3. Click the Payroll tab and click the File Forms tab on the right pane.

By default, the state forms in there are based on the address of your company and your employees. There are made available to you by QuickBooks.

Since you’re new to payroll, I thought of sharing some articles with you about this function. Please check this out: QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard, & Enhanced.

Please visit us back here when you have other questions.