cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VBIRNEY
Level 1

How do I change the account number for my 941 deoposits?

1 Comment 1
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

How do I change the account number for my 941 deoposits?

Hello there, @VBIRNEY.

Good to see you here in the QuickBooks Community. Let me help guide you on how to change the account number for 941 deposit. 

If you need to make the changes on your account number permanent, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to EFTPS.gov and select My Profile.
  2. Login using your current PIN and password.
  3. Under the Enrollment menu select Additional Taxpayer Enrollment.
  4. Accept Privacy Act and Paperwork Reduction Act information.
  5. Input the new/changed information. Also, the current financial institution information will display. You will need to type over this information with the updated information.
  6. Select a new PIN number.
  7. Log out after you complete the new enrollment.
  8. Create a new Internet password.
  9. Login with the new PIN and password.

However, if you only need to make the change with one payment only, here's how: 

1. On the tax payment page, select "change account" next to the banking information.
  2. Input new banking information.
  3. Sign and accept authorization.
  4. Select Complete.

For additional reference, you can check this article if you'd like to make a changes on your state tax e-payments: Change bank account for e-payment of tax liabilities

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session.

Here's how to contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel. 
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

This will get you on the right track. Fill me in if you have additional questions about updating account number for 941. I'm always here to help you out. Have a good one. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us