cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I edit a Direct Deposit already sent but not yet paid?

About 30 minutes after sending my payroll to Intuit I realized I forgot to add a housing allowance in one of the checks.  How do I edit the Direct Deposit once it has been sent?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I edit a Direct Deposit already sent but not yet paid?

I've got you covered, LisaSp.

We have just the steps that'll help you correct this.

First and foremost, I'm glad you were able to realize this before 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST). This gives us enough time to go through the necessary steps to get this straightened out.

To give you an overview, we'll need to delete the paycheck and recreate it with the housing allowance. That said, let me walk you through the steps on how to do this:

Delete paychecks

1. Click the Reports tab.
  2. Select Paycheck List, then choose the Check Date.
  3. Click Delete.
  4. Hit Yes to confirm the deletion.

Ideally, since it's before the cutoff time (5:00 PM PST), you'll be able to see this option. However, if you don't, please get in touch with our Online Payroll Team so they can delete it for you. They'll also be able to guide you through the recreation of the paycheck.

Just a gentle reminder, be sure to do this before the cutoff. Otherwise, the employee's paycheck will be deposited one business day after the original check date. For additional insight, I'm also including this article: Direct deposit for Online Payroll

Keep me posted with the result, I want to make sure this is taken care of. Thanks again for reaching out, wishing you and your business all the best!