Level 1

How do I print a 941 from a previous year

6 Comments 6
MorganB
Content Leader

Hi there, hchharris.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out here in the Community. I'd be glad to show you how to print a 941 form from the previous year.

There are just a few steps to get this done. Here's how:

1. Click the Taxes tab in the left navigation bar.

2. Choose Payroll Tax at the top of the page.

3. Select View and Print Archived Forms >> under Quarterly Forms in the Forms section.

4. Choose 941 from the list to view it.

5. When the form appears you'll be able to print.

This article offers information about archived forms: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771699-archive-old-forms.

Keep up the great work and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tishie18
Level 1

Hi,

I'm reading this and I do not see a "taxes" link on my left navigation bar.  I'm using Desktop Pro 2018.

Thanks,

Patti

Tishie18
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to follow the instructions you had listed nut I don't have a "taxes" shortcut on my left hand navigation bar.  I am using Desktop Pro 2018.

Thanks,

Patti

AlcaeusF

Hello Tishie18,

I appreciate you for getting back to us here in the Community. Allow me to help print the form 941 from the previous year in QuickBooks Desktop.

The steps provided by my colleague above are for those who are using QuickBooks Online only. Answers will be depending on which product is attached to your community profile in this public forum.

If you select the Automatically create an archive when I e-file or print option when printing or e-filing the previous form, it'll show on your Filing History (see screenshot below).

2.PNG

For the steps on how to print the form from the prior year, you can check out these steps:

1. Click the Employees tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Payroll Center.
  3. Go to the File Forms tab.
  4. Below Filing History, go to the Saved Filings tab.
  5. Double click the form.
  6. Click Print for Your Records.

You can also open 941 manually and enter the prior quarter ending to show the information you need. However, please note that the form format will still show as the current year in QuickBooks, but amounts are from the date you enter.

Please follow these steps:

1. Click the Employees tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Payroll Center.
  3. Go to the File Forms tab.
  4. Below File Forms, double-click the form.
  5. Enter the quarter ending date.
  6. Click OK.

1.PNG

In case you need more insights into locating and processing tax forms, I'm attaching the article I recommend on this:

Process, print, and save QuickBooks Desktop Payroll tax forms.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with all of your QuickBooks needs, such as printing federal tax forms. I'll be here to help.

Melissa Maynard
Level 1

My previous year history has disappeared????  HELP

MirriamM

Hello there, Melissa Maynard.

I'm here to help in accessing the previous payroll form. 

If you're using QuickBooks Online (QBO), you can view your previous filed forms as long as they're archived.

Here's how:

1. In the left menu, click Taxes.
  2. Select the Payroll Tax tab.
  3. Go to the Forms column, and then click the View Archived Forms link under MonthlyQuarterly, and Anual Forms one at a time. 
  4. From the list of archived forms, find the form you're looking for.
  5. Click the form and tap View

If you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), the prior years filed forms are under the Filing History in the Payroll Center

To view them, here's how:

1. Go to the Employees menu at the top.
  2. Select the Payroll Center.
  3. Click the File Forms tab.
  4. Under Filing History, find the prior year's payroll form you need.
  5. To access and print the form, click on the link under the Saved PDF column. 

If you're no longer see the forms, I recommend contacting our Payroll Support team. They have the specific tools to help you access the forms. To reach them, click this link and choose the product you're using for the detailed steps: Contact Payroll Support.

To know more on how to view payroll filed forms, see the below articles:

Get back to me if you have any other questions. I'm always here to help. Have a good day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us