cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a tax payment due notice that has been paid?

3 Comments
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How do I remove a tax payment due notice that has been paid?

Hello gdoug64,

There are two ways how to remove the tax notice on your Dashboard. The first option is to enter the amount as historical tax payment. It'll not get reflected in your register, however, it'll show in your payroll tax forms that you've already paid the tax due. 

Here's how:

1. Go to Taxes and select Payroll Tax.
  2. Click on Enter prior tax history link. 
  3. Click on Add Payment.
  4. Enter the tax information.
  5. Click on OK.

The second one is to manually record the tax payment due. By doing it, the amount will show in your register. Here's how:

1. Go to Taxes and select Payroll Tax.
  2. Click on Pay Taxes.
  3. Select the tax payment due.
  4. Click on Record payment.

If you have any questions, please let us know. We'll be right here to help. 

I show a Tx employment tax due but when I try to record a payment it tells me no tax is due.  I cannot get it to go away following these instructions.  Any advice? 

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining us here in the Community, @KaJ2403.

I'm here to help share some information about removing the tax due notification on your QuickBooks Online.

I'd like to inform you that being able to see a payroll tax due even if taxes were already paid in QuickBooks Online, is currently reported as an ongoing issue. Our engineers are now diligently working to get this resolved in a timely manner. 

For now, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. This way you'll be added to the list of the affected users and be able to receive notifications about the status of the issue.

Also, as soon as an update is received, I, or another member of the Community team, will be happy to update this thread and let you know so that you can get back to business. 

This should get you moving today.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need about this concern or any questions with QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. Have a good day!