cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How long does my Colorado company have to maintain payroll records?

Intuit/QuickBooks have been doing our payroll for years.  We are now on T-sheets so even the punching in and out is electronic.  I have paper records for payroll that goes on for years.  Does anyone know what payroll records have to be maintained and for how long in the State of Colorado?

I am thinking that QuickBooks has the records and so do I.  It seems a bit redundent. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How long does my Colorado company have to maintain payroll records?

Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance, THKU,

Keeping records especially for payroll is one of the most important things to remember.

In QuickBooks Online Payroll, once your subscription is cancelled, will keep your data for a year. To verify what payroll records needs to maintain and for how long, I’d recommend contacting your state agency. This is to ensure that you’re able to know what to include and how long to keep them.

For future reference, you can always check out our community page for the helpful article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-articles/ct-p/help-articles-us?label=QuickBooks%20Onlin....

If there's anything else you need help with concerning your QuickBooks Online account, please feel free to reach back out. Have a great day!