cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I am receiving an error in payroll processing

I am receiveing Errof 557 We're having a problem verifying your account status. Contact us for help resolving the issue.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I am receiving an error in payroll processing

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community, @jldixon.

I'm here to help make sure your concern is taken care of.

This error means the QuickBooks license number needs to be validated/activated or connect to the server. This requires pulling up your account, which we're unable to here in the Community.

That being said, I highly suggest contacting our Payroll Support team. They have tools such as screen-sharing that can pull up your account in a secure environment. Here's how to reach:

1. Go to http://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/.
2. Select your Payroll Subscription type.
3. Choose a topic.
4. Click on the View Contact Info button.​​

That should point you in the right direction. Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. I'm always here if you have any follow-up questions. Take care and enjoy the rest of the day.

Established Member

im receive error 557

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for reaching out to us, @650456832.

I’m here to share some information about the error code 557.

This typically happens when downloading payroll updates after upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks. You can fix the issue by updating the program to the latest release. 

Here’s how:

1. Log in to QuickBooks as the Admin.
  2. Go to Help and click Update QuickBooks.
  3. In the Update QuickBooks window, click the Update Now tab. 
  4. Click to select the Reset Updates checkbox before clicking the Get Updates button.
  5. Hit OK to confirm the reset.
  6. When the update is complete, the Get Updates button becomes active and the words Update Complete appear below. 

For more information, check out this article: Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.

Once done, you should be able to work on your company file without any issue. Also, make sure your payroll subscription is active to perform payroll tasks. 

Here's an article that tackles more about this: Resolve Error 557.

That should do it. I’m only a post away if you need anything else. Take care and have a great day!