Neeta
Level 1

I cannot see positng journal?

1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

I cannot see positng journal?

Hi Neeta, 

You've come to the right place for help. I'll be happy to share more info about seeing a posting journal.

I'd like to know more about how you entered the journal. Just for reference, here are the steps on how to do that: 

1.     Select the Plus icon (+).
  2.     Under Other, select Journal Entry.
  3.     Enter the transaction date in the Journal date field.
  4.     (Optional) Enter a Journal number to help identify the transaction in reports.
  5.     On the first distribution line, in the Accounts field, enter any account listed in the Chart of Accounts.
  6.     Enter the transaction amount in the Debits or Credits column.
  7.     (Optional) Enter a description for the transaction.
  8.     Note: The description you enter appears on reports that display transaction details.
  9.     Specify a customer, supplier, or employee associated with the line, if any, in the Name field.
  10.     Note: QuickBooks Online Plus users - When the Classes and Locations feature is turned on, additional fields for Class and Location appears.
  11.     Continue to enter distribution lines until the sum of the Debit column entries equals the sum of the Credit column entries.
  12.     (Optional) Select Make recurring to set a recurring journal schedule.
  13.     Select Save.

For more info on journal entries I encourage you to check out this article. If you've followed the right steps then you may need to clear cache and cookies on your browser. Clearing the browser cache (deleting temporary internet files) is a good way to get a clean slate for your browser. Give this a try and if you're still not seeing the journal entry, feel free to reach back to me. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us