cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiryt
Level 1

I got this message: "We can't turn on payments for you. . . There are several possible reasons[, i.e.,] related to the type of products or services you sell." Why??

15 Comments 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this message: "We can't turn on payments for you. . . There are several possible reasons[, i.e.,] related to the type of products or services you sell." Why??

That's a bizarre message. How can QB know what you sell? (it can't btw, not really.)

dst2
Level 1

I got this message as well after applying to process payments with QB Self-Employed. There is no way to figure out what's going on because phone support keeps referring me to chat support and vice versa. I just started using QB and if I can't use it to process payments then I will have to cancel the service. Very disappointed.

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @dst2.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm here to get you pointed to the right direction to get assistance with turning on your payments with QuickBooks.

To verify the reason on why you're unable to turn on payments in QuickBooks, It would be best to reach out to our Merchant Services Department. This team is the best resource for such inquiries, as they're able to request account information to pull up your company and share sensitive information, while this is a public forum.  Once they have this information, they'll be able to further assist with determining the details about why you keep on getting this message when processing payments.

You can locate their contact information at the following link:QuickBooks Payments Contact Us.

Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any other questions about payments. I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for coming to the Community.

jmeci
Level 1

@BettyJaneB wrote:

Hi there, @dst2.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm here to get you pointed to the right direction to get assistance with turning on your payments with QuickBooks.

To verify the reason on why you're unable to turn on payments in QuickBooks, It would be best to reach out to our Merchant Services Department. This team is the best resource for such inquiries, as they're able to request account information to pull up your company and share sensitive information, while this is a public forum.  Once they have this information, they'll be able to further assist with determining the details about why you keep on getting this message when processing payments.

You can locate their contact information at the following link:QuickBooks Payments Contact Us.

Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any other questions about payments. I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for coming to the Community.

This still doesn’t explain why QB not turn on payment. Doent the information requested online form enough to know what a small business sell. If not, QB better cancel online application and we go bu merchant service depart for aproval

Its very a huge time wasitng after aong form

webstark
Level 1

I know this thread is months old, but don't bother, there are better options to pick over QB.

"We can't turn on payments for you."

If you're reading this, you're better of with WaveApps for Payments, even Stripe, over your PaySimple. Use an alternative invoicing services, because if there are problems now. Even if you're approved now for a merchant account with QB, in the future, 4-6 successful payments away from now, QB "risk software" can shut you down.

This looks bad in the eyes of your customers and it will cost your bottom line, trust me don't go with these guys. Will try payroll, if things don't go well there I will be gone.

I received the same message, I am not in the prohibited businesses category, I do web design. We don't get paid until after the job is done. The risk for non-tangible services is very low vs tangible items, I know I used to sell merchant services back in '07.

julescarriere
Level 1

Same thing for me they got a really bad support service after 11 emails and many phone calls still refuse us to connect payments what is that ....

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hello julescarriere,

Thanks for your interest in QuickBooks Payments! I see that you've already spent a lot of time on this, but I want to make sure you get the answer you need if it's not clear why your business isn't qualifying for the program. At this time, QuickBooks Payments questions, especially ones of this nature, are handled exclusively by our phone support team.

You can reach out by dialling 1-833-317-2226 from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET. Follow the prompts for Merchant Services/Payments to connect with an agent that can help.

Let me know if you have questions about that!

Skilledit
Level 1

This team will tell you it is a "business decision" and they will not give you a reason for being declined. Make your own business decision and kick these jokers to to curb.

Yaymoney
Level 1

When you call they tell you, "Sorry, due to our proprietary processes we cannot tell you why we decided not to process payments for you." What a ridiculous process that lacks transparency. I'm going to change to a company that will process my payments, or AT LEAST tell me why they won't. 

can not set up payment
Level 1

Same here, what a bummer. If that's the case QB will not work for me.

Never had issues getting accepted by for example Freshbooks, lease companies, etc.

Been in business for over 5 years, I'm not a minor and we have an excellent credit profile.

The company is based in Canada.

No idea why it is rejected. 

brittneyatrahan
Level 1

Just so you know when you are telling others to do this. I have been on hold and have been transferred between two different departments for over 2 hours now. Neither department can help or answer the questions have. It seems as though QuickBooks is not recognizing incorporated freelancers as an actual business.   

JasroV
QuickBooks Team

This is not what we want you to experience with us, @brittneyatrahan.

Normally, transferring to a different department depends on the product you have purchased.

However, if you're a freelancer and using QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE), you'll want to contact our QBSE support team.

Here's how:

1. Go to the (?) Help icon.
  2. Click Contact Us.
  3. Type in support and click Continue.
  4. Choose either Start a chat or Get a callback.

In case you need to learn some best practices in managing your QBSE account, you can check our Help articles page for reference.

Our door is always open for you in case you need more help. Take care!

Andrea Robles
Level 1

Hello Betty! I'm having trouble with Quickbooks Payments. I've entered the correct information and continue to get a message saying they can't process payments for me. What should I do? I really need this feature for my business. 

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining the thread, @Andrea Robles.

I'm glad to check this further for you yet I don't have the chance to do it here on the Community page for security reasons. That said, I encourage reaching out to our Payment Support so a representative can check the error message you're getting and help process payments successfully.

For the support's contact information, open this link, then scroll down to the QuickBooks Online with Payments & Merchant Service Center section.

Also, open our help articles in case you need additional references while working with QuickBooks in the future.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm here to help. Take care!

Sam701
Level 1

I received the same message after jumping through all the hoops to set up payment processing - but it was due to my personal credit score, which has been damaged by divorce and medical bills. I'm working to improve it, but it's not high enough to satisfy QB, apparently. 

I fail to see what my personal credit score has to do with payments coming through the QB system.  I am not asking them to establish credit for me, only to allow me to send invoices and receive payments for them.  I have used a few other freelancing / contracting systems like And.co, 17Hats, etc - all of these will allow me to accept payment via my bank account, Paypal or Stripe without checking my credit score.  This makes no sense, so I must be missing something. QB is also about to be missing something - my monthly subscription.  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us