cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angeladimon91
Level 1

I have a vacation rental, I pay the cleaner the day of or day after she cleans. What date should I enter the expense as? The date she cleaned, check date, or date cashed?

4 Comments 4
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

I have a vacation rental, I pay the cleaner the day of or day after she cleans. What date should I enter the expense as? The date she cleaned, check date, or date cashed?

Hello angeladimon91,

If you track the service date, you can us the date cleaned. Otherwise, you can use the check date.

You might also want to consult with your accountant about this.

Feel free to visit us anytime if you have other questions. 

Rustler
Level 15

the date you pay her is the date of the expense, that is considered to be the date of the payment

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

On the accrual basis the day she cleaned is the day of the expense.

On the cash basis, it's when you paid her.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@ShiellaGraceA wrote:

If you track the service date, you can us the date cleaned. 

Service date has no affect on the accounting. It's just a memo

Need to get in touch?

Contact us